Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#681 skp1

skp1
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

We finally decided - I gave my FI 4 options - he liked them all and was no help narrowing them down so I went with my favorite - Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli.  I like it for the words, but also the beat - it starts out slow but then picks up so you can do some spins, kicks, dips, etc.  I think it will be fun...if I don't step all over FI feet. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#682 Shahlo

Shahlo
    • 253 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

what an amazing picture!

Originally Posted by rpingree001 

Ours was "These Are The Days" by Van Morrison down in Mexico and our song for the AHR will be "True Companion" by Marc Cohn.  This was a photo during our first dance.  Love it!

R+K_010811_523.jpg

#683 NurseM

NurseM
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

we are doing you and me by dave matthews. We live all over the world and the lyrics really fit us.

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#684 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

We have a few that we were going back and forth on, but after reading all these great suggestions it will make the choice harder!

#685 adevnturelovers

adevnturelovers
        • 120 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hi everyone, so my FI and I didn't have a song but  when I brought it up , he told me he already had a song he wanted us to dance to. It's called YOU ARE by Charlie Wilson. I teared up when I first heard it.

My question is , this song is a love song that a man sings to his woman. Is that okay to do? I always thought first dances had to relate to both man and woman? Either way I am 99% sure we will dance to this unless we find something that tops it

#686 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

That's a beautiful song, and no song is the wrong song.  How does it make the two of you feel? He def. loves it, but it should be feel special to you too... UNLESS you make a mix of more than one song...it's do-able??

Originally Posted by adevnturelovers 

Hi everyone, so my FI and I didn't have a song but  when I brought it up , he told me he already had a song he wanted us to dance to. It's called YOU ARE by Charlie Wilson. I teared up when I first heard it.

My question is , this song is a love song that a man sings to his woman. Is that okay to do? I always thought first dances had to relate to both man and woman? Either way I am 99% sure we will dance to this unless we find something that tops it

#687 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
            • 179 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Our song choice is " The Last Time I'll fall in Love" by Eric Benet.  This is the one thing that we knew right away!

loved the lyrics:

The first time I fell in love was long ago.
              I didn't know how to give my love at all.
              The next time I settled for what felt so close.
              But without romance, you're never gonna fall.
              After everything I've learned;
              Now it's finally my turn.
              This is the last time I'll fall... in love.

The first time we walked under that starry sky,
              there was a moment when everything was clear.
              I didn't need to ask or even wonder why, because each question is answered when your near.
              and I'm wise enough to know when a miracle unfolds, this is the last time I'll fall in love.

Now don't hold back, just let me know.
              Could I be moving much too fast or way too slow.
              'Cause all of my life, I've waited for this day.
              To find that once in a lifetime, this is it, I'll never be the same.

You'll never know what it's taken me to say these words.
              And now that I've said them, they could never be enough.
              As far as I can see, there's only you and only me.

This is the last time I'll fall in love.
              Last time I'll fall in love.
              The last time I'll fall... in love.

#688 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:06 AM

Cute!! I think its perfect...and I actually think its really sweet that its a man singing to a woman.

Originally Posted by adevnturelovers 

#689 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
                • 509 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

Finally decided on the acoustic version on I'm Yours by Jason Mraz .... brings a smile to my face every time I heard it!!! And I can't wait to dance with my new husband on our wedding day :)

#690 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                  • 789 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

We wanted to incorporate a bilingual song as our first dance song since we were getting married in Mexico and I have such a connection with Spain. I couldn't believe it was her when I heard it, but Miley Cyrus (I know...I know) and David Bisbal's song: "Cuando te Miro a ti". Recommendation - close your eyes and play it LOUDLY! http://www.youtube.c...feature=related. I didn't tell my husband it was her at first and I just played him the song.  He loved it and had no idea it was her until I came clean :) I sent to my bridesmaids and each one emailed back that they literally cried after listening to it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users