• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#511 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chicken764
    We are doing "I've had the time of my life" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack as we are recreating the last dance from the movie as our first dance. We've been taking dance class for the past few months and will continue until we get married in April. It's starting to look AMAZING
    I was at a wedding where the bridal party did a rendition of this and omg it was fabulous! So needless to say, i totally dig that idea.

Our song is "Save Room" by John Legend, but we think it's too... sexual innuendo-y or something. Sooooo, we're not too sure what to go with.

"I'm Yours" is a popular choice, but I also really like "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson.

#512 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
    • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chicken764
      We are doing "I've had the time of my life" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack as we are recreating the last dance from the movie as our first dance. We've been taking dance class for the past few months and will continue until we get married in April. It's starting to look AMAZING
      I was at a wedding where the bridal party did a rendition of this and omg it was fabulous! So needless to say, i totally dig that idea.

Our song is "Save Room" by John Legend, but we think it's too... sexual innuendo-y or something. Sooooo, we're not too sure what to go with.

"I'm Yours" is a popular choice, but I also really like "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson.

#513 isa2214

isa2214
      • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm going with "When I'm with You" from Fiber Drive. It's very rocky (FY is a drum player). The video is very sad but I think the song is beautiful.

#514 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

I really wanted to dance to Crack the Shutters by Snow Patrol, but my hubby really wanted In Your Eyes - Jeffrey Gaines, so in the end thats what we danced to

#515 ktchi

ktchi
          • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

I am thinking Color My World by Chicago. It was my parents first dance. What do you think?

YouTube - Chicago - Colour my world

#516 GodsGift

GodsGift
            • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

When God Made You by Natalie Grant and Newsong. This song is perfect for us and we are perfect for each other. Every time I hear it I cry.

YouTube - when God made you (w/ lyrics)

#517 finleys7

finleys7
              • 703 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ktchi
                I am thinking Color My World by Chicago. It was my parents first dance. What do you think?

YouTube - Chicago - Colour my world
                That was my parents and FI's parents wedding song as well. =)
                Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#518 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                • 653 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

I want: YouTube - Forever by Ben Harper
                  but FI really wants: YouTube - We Are Man and Wife Michelle Featherstone
                  I originally told him it was his choice, but maybe we'll have to have a 2nd dance song too

#519 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
                  • 323 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

I love the Color My World. Chicago has sooo many awesome songs.

#520 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
                    • 323 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

great suggestions! I'm going to have a hard time now deciding.... music makes my soul sing....my first dance song...is going to have to ring true to every feeling I have about the love of my life. I want to be able to sing to it as if I wrote it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users