What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#261 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
  • Banned
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Well, now we don't know that we are going to be doing a reception. Originally I wanted to use "Ballerina Girl" by Lionel Richie. The song has a lot of really strong memories for me with my real dad. Over the time FI & I have been engaged though he's come up with every reason possible to not want to come to the wedding or reception. Scared to fly, scared to take a boat, scared to leave his shop. I won't even go there... I'm not impressed with him though since if it were someone else in my family he would.

Soooo, I'll probably be doing the father daughter dance with my step-father. I really wasn't sure what to use because we weren't very close when I was growing up, even though my mom has been with him since I was 6. He never really considered me his daughter when I was younger, and he has three daughters of his own. Over the past few years though he's become estranged from his middle and youngest daughter after they stole some large amounts of money from him and used his SSN for some things. Since then for some reason he and I have become a lot closer.

I do have one memory of him trying to teach me to waltz when I was about seven. Well we photographed a wedding two weeks ago and the bride used this song called "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I LOVED it. So I think that is the song we'll be using.

Listen to the song: YouTube - Steven Curtis Chapman-Cinderella *Includes Lyrics*

She spins and she sways
    To whatever song plays
    Without a care in the world
    And I'm sitting here wearing
    The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
    And there's still work to do
    She's pulling at me
    Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle
    And I've been invited
    And I need to practice my dancing
    Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
    While she is here in my arms
    'Cause I know something the prince never knew
    Oooooh, I will dance with Cinderella
    I don't wanna miss even one song
    'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
    And she'll be gone...

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
    She wants to know if I approve of her dress
    She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
    And I need to practice my dancing

Ooh-oh ooh-oh I will dance with Cinderella
    Find More lyrics at SWEETS LYRICS
    I don't want to miss even one song
    And she'll be gone

She will be gone

Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
    Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
    She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
    But I need to practice my dancing

Ooh-oh ooh-oh I will dance with Cinderella
    I don't want to miss even one song
    And she'll be gone

#262 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by newbride
      We've decided on Dave Matthews "Crash Into Me". We've never really had "a song" but we both really like this one, plus we saw Dave Matthews in concert early on in our relationship.
      That was one of our choices too!! If you like DMB then check out Crush & Steady as we Go (we're using this one!). We also considered Where are you going and Love of my Life (Dave Matthews & Santana). We are HUGE DMB fans!!

#263 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
      • Banned
      • 242 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Whoops! I was looking at that Father/Daughter dance thread at the same time and just realized I posted in the wrong spot.

We're using "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid. FI and I both love Disney and thought the beat sort of matches the feel of the Bahamas.

#264 roxymexbride

roxymexbride
        • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

We're using "Grow old with you" by Adam Sandler, as the Wedding Singer is sort of our movie, and it's funny and sweet! We've had our first dance song picked for about 4 years!

#265 ajanders21

ajanders21
          • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

We are definitely going for the fun/funny route. We're both goofy and not the lovey-dovey type... and Since we have a reggae band, our options are limited, so its either between
            Can't get enough (of your love) - by Barry White... because its fun, and quick, and we can do funny dancing like the "lasso" and the fishing hook thing...

Or because we are in Jamaica and the band, we might do "No woman, no cry"- Bob Marley ... because again, that's just funny...

#266 rach220

rach220
            • 532 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

Jack Johnson "Better Together"

It's sweet and relaxing...also very beachy! The minute I heard it I knew it would be our wedding song...I know it's kind of old now, but I love it!

Married July 16, 2009
              Aventura Cove Palace Resort
              Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#267 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

we still haven't decided, but at the moment we both like Adele's song "Make you feel my love"

#268 lmg970

lmg970
                • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

we are having a tough time deciding also. my FSIL used the song I would have pick for her wedding, by carrie underwood, inside your heaven. I liked it because he would come over when we first dating and watch idol together and she won that year with that song and it is a beautiful song.
                  My friend found for me, "all my life" by Jo-Jo and K-Ci. I really like the lyrics to that one.

#269 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
                  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

We're trying to decide between "Love of a Lifetime' by Firehouse and 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton. We really love both of these songs.... and just can't make a decision!
                    Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#270 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
                    • 826 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Have any of you lucky ladies picked your First Dance song? Me being a HUGE fan of the 80's wants to go with something from that time period, man...when I say it like that it sounds so long ago...anyway...and my FI is a HUGE fan of R&B. Do you guys have any suggestions?
                      http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
                      My Babies
                      "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                      it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
                      http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users