What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#191 NJ_bride

• 227 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

Our's is Ever the Same by Rob Thomas. We are both huge fans!

#192 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

I'm for using "Lovely Tonight" by Joshua Radin... gives me chills... but until I found that song, I always wanted to use "When You Love Someone" by Bryan Adams

#193 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

We ended up using the song I walked down the aisle to, En Viejo San Juan, played on the quatro by our guitarist. We then used Iz, Over The Rainbow for the father/daughter dance. My little girl loves The Wizard of Oz

#194 Tracy

• 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Boy - this has been quite a discussion with FI and I. I had about 6 songs that I thought would be perfect (such as: We've only just Begun, by the Carpenters, I can't help falling in love with you, by Elvis, Years from Now by Dr. Hook, Love of a Lifetime by Lifehouse, Always and Forever - Shania Twain..and he x'd all of them. Finally we decided on SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME by Michael Buble. it is a bit of a faster song....and we started taking lessons last week. Our instructor said it's a RHUMBA beat - yikes...help me - i was thinking he would say a fast waltz - oh well - we'll fork out the $ for the lessons, and hopefully not embarass ourselves. ha ha

#195 luckygirl

• 339 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

As by George Michael and Mary J. Blige. I am a gianormous fan of George Michael (saw him 1st row this summer...higlight of my friggin life!!!) for the last 24 years. When I heard his version of the song I think is so amazing by Stevie Wonder, I just knew that this was the one. It's a little up tempo but who gives...the lyrics are amazing at expressing how long you will love someone....here's the video
            YouTube - George Michael & MJB - "As"

#196 **~Jenn~**

• 1,236 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

When we originally planned a "Traditional Wedding" Our wedding song was going to be "It's Your Love" By Tim McGraw & Faith Hill....However..Now that we are going the DW route, I think I want that all to change. I'm thinking keeping that song for our first dance in Cancun, but when we have our AHR I wanted to do a kind of "Rock The reception" type thing...Or maybe just get something Choreographed...I Dunno...I definitely don't want to use the same song for both receptions.
              I just don't know if I have the nerve to do a "rock the reception" dance and my FI has NO rhythm...At All..LMAO
              Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
              My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#197 blkladylaw

• 149 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Just decided...it was the only thing we BOTH liked

New Edition - I'm Lost in Love

we are taking it back in the day :)
                Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
                Our first baby (a...

#198 ~Jamie~

• 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:19 AM

Ours is " Alone," by Heart. Only our band will be playing it, with a male singer. FI has been in charge of the music, for the most part. He loves this song.

#199 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by blkladylaw
                    Just decided...it was the only thing we BOTH liked

New Edition - I'm Lost in Love

we are taking it back in the day :)
                    yeah you are! haha i used to be so in love with them when i was a kid ... i saw them in concert at six flags great adventure! one of the original boy bands before all that NKOTB madness!

who knew bobby brown would grow up to be such a weirdo and married to whitney crackhead!

#200 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

We ended up choosing Frank Sinatra and Celine Dion "All the Way". We heard it on you tube one week before the wedding and feel in love with the song!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users