Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

we used rascal flatts, bless the broken road because that song is special to us.

I walked down the aisle to Somewhere over the rainbow.

#12 Leia78

Leia78
    • VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

We PLAN to do a choreographed dance to Jack Johnson's Better Together and then transition to Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel. Our inspiration is this youtube video:
      YouTube - Wedding first dance w/ surprise Jack Johnson Michael Jackson

We thought it would be hilarious and get people pumped to dance. I hope we don't chicken out.

#13 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DRbride
        Wanted to see what you girls plan to use as your first dance song. I have been looking and looking but no luck yet. I really like that new Alicia Keys song, "No One" but that's just a thought. I am in love with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo but I don't know if its appropriate or not. I have to read into the lyrics more. If you haven't heard that song go onto youtube and check it out. Its so beautiful!
        I walked down the aisle to "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Isreal. It was the perfect beach song! Our first dance song was "I'll Stand by You" by Carrie Underwood.

#14 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
        • 308 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Leia78
          We PLAN to do a choreographed dance to Jack Johnson's Better Together and then transition to Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel. Our inspiration is this youtube video:

We thought it would be hilarious and get people pumped to dance. I hope we don't chicken out.
          That's awesome! We LOVE Jack Johnson, and we have a friend that plays guitar and wanted him to play an accoustical version of that sometime during the ceremony - but sadly he can't make it.

Micah and I have always wanted our first dance to be to "These are the Days" by Van Morrison. We may not even do dancing though for our DW - which makes me sad now that I think about it.

#15 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
          • 815 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

Ours is going to be "Then you can tell me goodbye" sung by Neal McCoy. The lyrics are pretty.
            http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
            Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
            Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#16 fogdog

fogdog
            • 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

A Wink and A Smile by Harry Connick Jr.
              Our parents dance was That's How Strong my Love Is by Otis Redding (and there is also a Rolling Stones version)
              Bridget and Brian
              Los Cabos 11/17/07

#17 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

We had a really really hard time with this and finally decided on Into the Mystic by Van Morrison. We were happy with our choice.

#18 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

Oops double post.

#19 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
                  • 815 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Leia78

That video was great. Definitely sets a fun tone. I could only get my FI to do it if he had a decent amount of alcohol in his system.
                    http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                    Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                    Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#20 newfiebride

newfiebride
                    • 196 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

I think we are going with Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban. I;m am going to listen to all these you guys have posted as most of 'em are not familiar to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users