Jump to content

Photo

What's your first dance song?


  • Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#121 Sherry

Sherry
  • Jr. Member
  • 390 posts

    Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

    I don't think we're going to have dancing at our reception in Maui, because our ceremony is just before sunset, and the reception is outdoors and there's a 10pm curfew on outdoor events on Maui. We've been trying to come up with a couple of songs for our wedding video though, and probably also for our AHR.

    I think we've settled on "Fall At Your Feet" (acoustic version) by Crowded House and "Lost Together" by Blue Rodeo. The Canadian brides will know what I'm talking about with that last one!

    #122 megansg

    megansg
    • Newbie
    • 27 posts

      Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

      This was a simple decision for us....David Gray: This year's love. We both love him, and have been to a couple of his concerts. We didn't even have to discuss it.

      But I am thinking about having romantic songs playing maybe as we are doing pictures or at dinner or something so I love all these ideas! Thanks all :)



      As for father daughter dance I have to do that for sure, no matter what happens and I have long had that song picked out. Because you loved me, by Celine Dion. So perfect!

      #123 boscobel

      boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

        Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

        I don't think we are going to have an offical first dance in Jamaica, cuz I want to have our reception on the beach with no music. We only have 22 adults, so I think I will stick with the intimacy of conversation. I am hoping we will be able to hear music somewhere else though. Although I am sure the sound of the ocean will be nice.

        For our AHR, we just decided yesterday, so it may change - Elvis Presley "I can't help falling in love with you"
        YouTube - Elvis Presley - I Cant Help Falling In Love With You

        #124 angitalia23

        angitalia23
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,029 posts

          Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

          Ours will be Norah Jones: Come Away with Me.

          It was playing the first time I met Anthony & he played it when he proposed, I love it, her words express what we feel.
          Anthony & Angela
          19 June 2008

          #125 angitalia23

          angitalia23
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,029 posts

            Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by carly
            I don't think we are going to have an offical first dance in Jamaica, cuz I want to have our reception on the beach with no music. We only have 22 adults, so I think I will stick with the intimacy of conversation. I am hoping we will be able to hear music somewhere else though. Although I am sure the sound of the ocean will be nice.

            For our AHR, we just decided yesterday, so it may change - Elvis Presley "I can't help falling in love with you"
            YouTube - Elvis Presley - I Cant Help Falling In Love With You
            Carly, that was my sisters wedding song. Its a good one!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

            #126 boscobel

            boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

              Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

              I am afraid it's a little too slow, so we'll see. We are taking dance lessons, we suck at the waltz, but the fox trot is ok. So we may have to change it, but this is the first one (after like 20 suggestions) that we agreed on, so there ya go!

              #127 AmandaR

              AmandaR
              • Jr. Member
              • 241 posts

                Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                I am afraid it's a little too slow, so we'll see. We are taking dance lessons, we suck at the waltz, but the fox trot is ok. So we may have to change it, but this is the first one (after like 20 suggestions) that we agreed on, so there ya go!
                That song was on our list, but got axed for being too slow. There is a version by UB40 that's more lively, so you might want to check that one out. There's a lot of great song that send the message we want to convey, but we listen to them and get bored because they're so slow, and we're certainly not dancers by any stretch of the imagination!

                I was just checking out songs on YouTube tonight, and Edwin McCain's Could Not Ask For More gave me goose bumps - that could be the one!

                Amanda

                #128 can't wait!

                can't wait!
                • Member
                • 517 posts

                  Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

                  I love Alicia Keys "No One" song and think it would be perfect for our first dance since it will happen on the beach but my fiance thinks its ghetto so he axed it! Ugh!

                  Soo, I think we both decided on Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am ". I fell in love with her since I first heard her on Grey's Anatomy.
                  What I also like about this song is it isn't very long...something like 2:15 . I hate when the song drags on and guests have grown tired of looking at the couple dancing.

                  #129 JennyK

                  JennyK
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,502 posts

                    Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by can't wait!
                    I love Alicia Keys "No One" song and think it would be perfect for our first dance since it will happen on the beach but my fiance thinks its ghetto so he axed it! Ugh!

                    Soo, I think we both decided on Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am ". I fell in love with her since I first heard her on Grey's Anatomy.
                    What I also like about this song is it isn't very long...something like 2:15 . I hate when the song drags on and guests have grown tired of looking at the couple dancing.
                    The song The Way I Am is so cute :) The first time I heard it, I had to go download it

                    #130 alex

                    alex
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,139 posts

                      Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:57 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by can't wait!
                      Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am ". ..
                      This is my choice so far. If we weren't doing a DW I was planning on getting a friend who plays guitar to play so I can sing it to him instead of dancing to it...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users