DRbride

What's your first dance song?

Not decided yet but really like All My Life (K-CI & Jojo) ... just love the words .."all my life, I prayed for someone like you and I thank GOD that I finally found you ..."

Another one I might pick is Lost without you (Robin Thicke)

Tom and I want to do something fun for our first dance, but he can't dance worth dhit and we are running out of time for lessons (we have a Fred Astaire dance studio here, and they'll give us private lessons to our own song ... but it's $345-$975 -- OUCH!!)

Anyway ... on the way to work this morning I heard this OOLLDD 80's hair band song that would be so totally perfect.

"Never Let You Go" by Steelheart. rockon.gifrockon.gifrockon.gif

It starts out slow and then crescendos into this harder love song ... but really the words are perfect.

I think Tom will be into it too .. just gotta figure out how we would dance to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrdestinationbride View Post
We are using We Are Man and Wife by Michelle Featherstone.
I love that song!! It really fits :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABride View Post
Not decided yet but really like All My Life (K-CI & Jojo) ... just love the words .."all my life, I prayed for someone like you and I thank GOD that I finally found you ..."
All My Life was my senior prom song.. get butterflies everytime I hear it

So I haven't decided what I am walking down the isle to but my bridesmaids are walking down to You and Me by Lifehouse. Then I think our first dance will be to Close to you by the Carpenters. On our first date right after we said good bye I got a text message from Ryan that said "why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near, just like me they long to be close to you" So that is our song. Cheesy I know but welcome to my world lol

Another great song if you havent heard it take the time I promise you will fall in love with it Take me Away by Lifehouse... make sure you go to Youtube and listen to the Accoustic version... its the most beautiful song I have heard in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky k72 View Post
Our song was "Can't help Falling In Love" by Elvis.
That was my brother and SIL's song too!

We're playing the UB40 version right after the ceremony and Elvis so they can dance to it during the reception.

Has anyone ever used TRUE COMPANION by Marc Cohen? It's one of the most beautiful wedding songs I've ever heard. My cousin just used it at his wedding so that nixxed it for me. Here's the link to it on YouTube. Unfortunately there's no video for it but someone put the song with the lyrics.

YouTube - Marc Cohn - True Companion