What's your first dance song?

DRbride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
I have always wanted "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin as our song (even though it's hard to dance to), but FI wanted "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis. Last night, after months and months of trying to find a song we can compromise on, he told me that we can have "Thank You", I'm soooo excited!
There's other versions! The best version is be Tesla.. there's also a version by Duran Duran. I'm probably gonna go with the Tesla version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I LOVE me and you by Kenny Chesney! I just listened to it on Youtube! I am seriously going through each song on youtube that is listed on here! FUN! So far here are my top 3

1. It's your love, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw ( on our first date we sang karaoke to this song!)
2. She's Everything, Brad Paisley (Aaron sang this to me when he proposed - at the same karaoke bar as our first date)
and now
3. Me and You, Kenny Chesney (we both LOVE kenny chesney and I already have tons of his songs on my IPOD b/c of the mexico thing)

AND I am sure I will be adding more.......

I love all those songs! I almost have to do Me and You because my FH and I's first official date was a Kenny Chesney concert at the local fair (almost 8 years ago) and after that we went to see him anytime he was near us. My FH also wrote the words out to that song in an email. He is soooo not the sappy kind and so I really appreciate that he feels a connection to this song but I think there is a more fitting song as far as circumstances-Paul Brants, I do. Have you searched that song yet? My Fh was married once right out of high school and it was a bad situation. It has made him leary of remarring and I have been patient. I herd this song and cried. I think what I might do is use Me and You as our official song but make sure I do is played so we can dance to it. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittobemrs View Post
Ok, this might sound funny, but when I asked my FI we had a really hard time coming up with anything we liked and could easily dance to. So he started digging through his old CDs... and found Babyface... yes, I said Babyface haha. Now, we are dancing to "Everytime I close my eyes". As funny as it is to me to have our first song be a Babyface song, I do love it... and it is perfect for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCheese View Post
FI wants our first dance to be to "Fortunate" by Maxwell. This was the first song he ever dedicated to me, he bought me the single on cassette (way back in the day, lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarauz View Post
We are thinkng about David Gray-Be Mine or Johnny Gil- You for Me
I love Babyface, Maxwell, and Johnny Gil. Great choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherielee View Post
hahaha the only thing we have agreed on...lol...just kidding it was acutally the easiest thing for us...we both love r & b hip hop rap etc...and this song came to us right away

Usher - you got it bad...

i can almost cry to that song just listening to it....lol
That's a good one! The words are perfect :)