DRbride

What's your first dance song?

Beautiful!

Originally Posted by rpingree001 View Post

Ours was "These Are The Days" by Van Morrison down in Mexico and our song for the AHR will be "True Companion" by Marc Cohn.  This was a photo during our first dance.  Love it!

R+K_010811_523.jpg

Anyone thought about not doing the first dance?  I'm having such a small wedding now, and my fiance thinks it might be a little awkward.  I don't really want that awkward attention, but I feel like we should do it "just because."  Thoughts?

We're only having 14 people and we're still doing a first dance because we want to do a first dance.  We've decided that with everything, no matter how big our wedding is, we'll do whatever we want to do, traditional or not.  It's your wedding, do what you want to do to make your day special.

So FI decided on "Here I Stand" by Usher for our 1st dance. It's a beautiful song and everyother  song we considered was 20+ years olf and we wanted something more modern.  So excited to cross that off our list!

How about doing your first dance but cutting your song to less than 2 minutes, that way you have the official first dance but it won't drag with the "all eyes on you" for more than 3 minutes while we stand look lol?

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

Anyone thought about not doing the first dance?  I'm having such a small wedding now, and my fiance thinks it might be a little awkward.  I don't really want that awkward attention, but I feel like we should do it "just because."  Thoughts?

wilsonJ - are you having a DJ or someone in charge of music?  You can always start the song on your own for maybe a minute and then have the MC announce for everyone to join.  That way you have your moment, but it's not awkward.

We're so confused but we have the following contendors...

Your song - Ellie Goulding

When you look me in the eyes - Jonas Brothers

When a man loves a woman - Bryan Adams

Everything you do - Bryan Adams

Don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith

When you say you love me - Josh Groban

Confused?! How did you guys "know" I'm thinking of making a CD and see which we best dance to lol

Beautiful picture!  We were thinking about using "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison, but I can't figure out what it is about...love or death!!  Definitely wouldn't want our first dance song to be about death!!  :-)  I've never heard "These are the Days".  I will have to look it up!

Originally Posted by rpingree001 View Post

Ours was "These Are The Days" by Van Morrison down in Mexico and our song for the AHR will be "True Companion" by Marc Cohn.  This was a photo during our first dance.  Love it!

R+K_010811_523.jpg