DRbride

What's your first dance song?

I'm for using "Lovely Tonight" by Joshua Radin... gives me chills... but until I found that song, I always wanted to use "When You Love Someone" by Bryan Adams

We ended up using the song I walked down the aisle to, En Viejo San Juan, played on the quatro by our guitarist. We then used Iz, Over The Rainbow for the father/daughter dance. My little girl loves The Wizard of Oz

Boy - this has been quite a discussion with FI and I. I had about 6 songs that I thought would be perfect (such as: We've only just Begun, by the Carpenters, I can't help falling in love with you, by Elvis, Years from Now by Dr. Hook, Love of a Lifetime by Lifehouse, Always and Forever - Shania Twain..and he x'd all of them. Finally we decided on SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME by Michael Buble. it is a bit of a faster song....and we started taking lessons last week. Our instructor said it's a RHUMBA beat - yikes...help me - i was thinking he would say a fast waltz - oh well - we'll fork out the $ for the lessons, and hopefully not embarass ourselves. ha ha

As by George Michael and Mary J. Blige. I am a gianormous fan of George Michael (saw him 1st row this summer...higlight of my friggin life!!!) for the last 24 years. When I heard his version of the song I think is so amazing by Stevie Wonder, I just knew that this was the one. It's a little up tempo but who gives...the lyrics are amazing at expressing how long you will love someone....here's the videosmile29.gif

YouTube - George Michael & MJB - "As"

When we originally planned a "Traditional Wedding" Our wedding song was going to be "It's Your Love" By Tim McGraw & Faith Hill....However..Now that we are going the DW route, I think I want that all to change. I'm thinking keeping that song for our first dance in Cancun, but when we have our AHR I wanted to do a kind of "Rock The reception" type thing...Or maybe just get something Choreographed...I Dunno...I definitely don't want to use the same song for both receptions.

I just don't know if I have the nerve to do a "rock the reception" dance and my FI has NO rhythm...At All..LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkladylaw View Post
Just decided...it was the only thing we BOTH liked

New Edition - I'm Lost in Love

we are taking it back in the day :)
yeah you are! haha i used to be so in love with them when i was a kid ... i saw them in concert at six flags great adventure! one of the original boy bands before all that NKOTB madness!

who knew bobby brown would grow up to be such a weirdo and married to whitney crackhead!