What's your first dance song?

DRbride

I think I'm gonna go with Shania Twain - Your still the one. It fits our story. Dan and I went to school together. We dated and like everybody after they get out of school, they lose touch. I married some else had kids and got divorced. While chatting to classmates about an upcoming class reunion, I reconnected with Dan on Reunion.com. We started dating and here we are. So after all these years he is still the one. lol

We went with The Calling where ever you go...well for one minute then kung fu fighting, twist and shout, good time rock and roll, I like big butts, cotton eye joe, YMCA and back to the calling.

It was a blast, only a two guest knew it was coming and the rest thought it was great!!

I think I posted this a long time ago, but it merits a repeat, lol, IMO... but our first dance was What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life by Barbara Streisand. It is soooo beautiful and is perfect for a wedding... and most importantly its slow so for all of those two left feet grooms it won't trip them up.

YouTube - Barbra Streisand - What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda View Post
I love Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" and thought I wanted that as "our song" but I've decided instead to make that the first "everyone dance together" song of the night ... :) So "I'm Yours" will follow our song...

And for OUR song ... I just found it yesterday actually! After falling in love with Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" I downloaded his album and stumbled across this song:

"Lucky"

The words are perfect and the song is gorgeous ... and I can't wait. It brings tears to my eyes already!!
I absolutely love the Lucky song! Thanks for posting that!

Currently my top picks are:
1. Lucky - Jason Mraz
2. Lost in the Moment - Big and Rich
3. When you say nothing at all - Ronan Keating
4. Marry Me - Amanda Marshall

Take a look at the Amanda Marshall lyrics - they are so beautiful and perfect for a wedding:
I wanna laugh
Until I cry
Wake up with you each day 'till the day that I die
Let's go to New Orleans
And watch the parade
Take funny pictures, eat jambalaya, and drink lemonade
And when the day is finally over
And we stumble home
Before we sleep
Baby, marry me

I wanna drive
Until we get lost
Lie in a field staring up at the sky
While you point out the Southern Cross
Somehow I know
Without asking why
That you love me more in a minute
Than anyone could in a lifetime

Dancing in the parking lot
While the band plays inside
Sweep me off my feet
Baby, marry me

We don't need no preacher man
Readin' from the Good Book
And I don't want no fancy dress
Ain't no ceremony for the vows that I took
From the moment I met you
I have been blessed

So let's make a toast
And drink up the wine
Here's to you lying here next to me
Until the end of time

Wherever you are
I wanna be
And anything that means anything to ya
Means everything to me

Sneakin' out the back door
While they're throwing the rice
And they'll talk for weeks
But we're all we need

So baby, if you're free
Marry me
Baby, marry me
Marry me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia78 View Post
We PLAN to do a choreographed dance to Jack Johnson's Better Together and then transition to Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel. Our inspiration is this youtube video:
YouTube - Wedding first dance w/ surprise Jack Johnson Michael Jackson

We thought it would be hilarious and get people pumped to dance. I hope we don't chicken out.
That was awesome!!! I am glad you wet through with it and I am sure your guests loved it.

that was cool, my FI can't dance, the one time we danced together he stepped all over my feet. I always thought the saying "two left feet" was silly but now I know it is true there really are people out there that absolutely can't dance.

Lucky me

well maybe I can teach him some basic moves before our first dance at our AHR