What's your first dance song?

DRbride

So, until about an hour ago, I had our first dance song planned out. My FI came home early today!! (he is usually out of town for two weeks at a time) He took a couple days off because he missed me and wanted to see me. We were driving to go out to dinner and he says "I found our first dance song" Which was really really strange because he never has anything to say about wedding planning. I said "whats that" and he puts this CD in and puts this song on. Our life consists of two weeks together, two weeks (at least) apart. I started crying, he is so sweet.

YouTube - Theory Of A Deadman- Wait For Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwachniak View Post
One of my all-time favorite Love-type songs is a fairly rare one called "Love you till the end" by The Pogues. I love it, you should take a listen, but ultimately it has to be a song relatable to both of you, something that brings back a memory or two.
the pogues rock! fairytale of new york is one of our favorite songs, but not exactly wedding dance friendly wink.gif i'll have to check out the one you mentioned above!

We knew it would be Sister Hazel but we just decided this weekend which one for sure...

Sister Hazel's "Everything Else Disappears"

Remember to breathe

Remember to hold your head high

Remember to smile some

And just listen a while

You've practiced enough yeah

That's what I told myself

So I nervously asked you your name

And that's when the world seemed to stop

And I died when you looked up like that

Took my breath away

Knocked me flat on my back

I knew right then and there

In that first second stare

It would be a while

Everything falls out of focus

You walk through the door

And one thing that's clear to me

Helplessly hopeless

I'm all right with that

In a room full of people

Everything else disappears

We talked for hours

About the sun and moon

How it chases her round and round

It's just trying to light up her face

And we sat on your car

While the light from the stars

Poked holes in the sky

And you told me the tales of your heart

And how it'd been broken

And I cried when you talked about that

Yeah what I would've given to take it all back for you

Right then and there

In that first second stare

I knew we would be a while

[Chorus]

I thought that I'd known you forever

I felt like I'd finally come home

After all of these lifetimes

You still take my breath away

[Chorus]

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwachniak View Post
One of my all-time favorite Love-type songs is a fairly rare one called "Love you till the end" by The Pogues. I love it, you should take a listen, but ultimately it has to be a song relatable to both of you, something that brings back a memory or two.
as of right now, this is ours. my FH and i don't agree on much music (haha or much else ... we're total opposites, yet somehow it works). i searched high and low for something i thought he'd actually approve of, and this was the winner!

he's irish (originally wanted to wear a kilt, but not since the wedding moved to mexico, haha), and a huge hockey fan (it's the love song at the end of the movie "mystery alaska"). once i told him it was an irish band AND a song from a hockey movie, he was sold, haha!

even still, i just searched nearly every song you guys listed on this forum, to see if i could find something even better, or just add to the pre-ceremony music. some great ideas here!

I am thinking about John Legend, "Stay with You." It's just so beautiful to me. I actually heard the day after we got engaged and I teared up. lol

Lyrics:

"Stay With You"

We've been together for a while now

We're growing stronger everyday now

It feels so good and there's no doubt

I will stay with you as each morning brings sunrise

And the flowers bloom in springtime

On my love you can rely

And I'll stay with you

Oh I'll stay with you through the ups and the downs

Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around

And when the dark clouds arrive