so mad ...
Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:18 PM
Last Thursday, my daughters teacher called and left a message on my answering machine saying that my daughter (she is 5) was complaning that her body was itching...and that the rasch was getting worst and worst. She tehn called my FI, who rushed to teh school as well as tok the time to dill 911 for the some rescue... he had a feeling the school wouldn't, and they didn't! I've told them a million times what to do and who to call in case this ever happened : "we know what to do, we are familliar with this", they tell me!
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME THIS YEAR THEY CALL ME !!!! SHE IS ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS AND THE SCHOOL IS PEANUT FREE...or they say it is...WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE
They all know she is very allergic (if she touches it, she reacts badly).
We were in the hospital until 4 am (her pressure ws too low to come back home).
I am not allergic to anything but the doctor told me that it would be the same as having a poison ivy ich all over your body.
She is only 5 and I couldn't take away her pain and agony...
Each time she gets in contact with peanuts, the reactions gets worst so I cannot imagine next time (hopefully no next time...) she reacts... It was so bad last Thursday.
Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:46 PM
Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:56 PM
Epipen is only to be use when the patient has breathing problem... you don't give it when the person has urtica ( like hives).
Epipen is not "the perfect medecine" that cures everything! You need to take it only when needed. The reason for this is that since every allergic reaction gets worst and worst each time, that means you need more treatments each time. Ig.if she take her epipen, maybe the next time she will need 2 or more...
If benadryl doesn't work (5 times the regualr dose- 25ml) every 4-6 hours, then people take cortezone shots to releve some pain...
Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:52 PM
Have you talked to the principal about it again?
Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:35 PM
Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:13 PM
I am so sorry that your daughter has problems with peanuts. It may not have been the school. My son takes peanut butter and jelly EVERYDAY for lunch, maybe it was a friend that had it and passed her something.
Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:19 PM
Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:44 PM
| Originally Posted by Christine |
well I can tell you that in my experience in education we are given very specific instructions about allergies or other medical conditions and if we don't follow them I am pretty sure we could lose our jobs, even if we are tenured, but the school nurse is the one who is responsible for diseminating the info and then if its something we don't feel we can handle we are to call her and the students principal right away.
why did the teacher call you? where was the nurse?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users