Music

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hi, Ladies

I apologize if there is already a new thread for this (i didn't see one) - was just wondering what all of you are planning to do for music.

I know that I've heard that a lot of people are planning on using a CD. Has anyone heard of hiring live music? Thinking of string quartet or a harpist or something ... I'm assuming you can find that sort of thing in Jamaica?

#2 Jenn

Jenn
    • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

We're having a Steel Drum Band for our welcome party, and a Reggae Band for the reception. We were also offered a Mento Band or Saxophonist, so I'm sure if you want live music, you will be able to find it!

#3 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:25 AM

We will have a guitar trio at the ceremony and are hiring a live band and a DJ to play in between their sets at our reception.
        We both love the idea of live music and can't wait! :)

#4 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08
          We're actually bringing cd's and my iPod for backup. I know there are a few songs that I wanted played at the reception that I am sure they won't have and I wanna make sure they are played...

We are gonna just have the stereo playing while I walk down the aisle. Do you all think it will be loud enough especially since I am walking a little distance? Should I bring something to play the music
          If you want to play your own cd's during the ceremony, Chandlyn has a cd player so you don't have to bring one!

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

We're hiring the steel drum band during the ceremony/pics for an hour. We also rented the disco for our party later on, and we're bringing a lot of our own music for that!
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#6 march1508

march1508
            • 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

we will play our playlist from the ipod for the dinner at the mammee bay restaurant..and we are having cds made from a dj back home for the disco..

#7 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
              • 238 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

I would like to have a couple of acoustic guitars, or a string quartet. I wonder if that will be possible to find there, and what kind of hurdles I'll have to jump through to get them onto the property ... Here's hoping ...

#8 christenew

christenew
                • 325 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

Does anyone know if the steal band does requests if you give them sheet music? We would like to get married to a song that would sound beautiful on the drums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users