Sign in to follow this  
AlmostMrsForbes

Music

Hi, Ladies

I apologize if there is already a new thread for this (i didn't see one) - was just wondering what all of you are planning to do for music.

I know that I've heard that a lot of people are planning on using a CD. Has anyone heard of hiring live music? Thinking of string quartet or a harpist or something ... I'm assuming you can find that sort of thing in Jamaica?

We're having a Steel Drum Band for our welcome party, and a Reggae Band for the reception. We were also offered a Mento Band or Saxophonist, so I'm sure if you want live music, you will be able to find it!

We will have a guitar trio at the ceremony and are hiring a live band and a DJ to play in between their sets at our reception.

We both love the idea of live music and can't wait! :)cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08 View Post
We're actually bringing cd's and my iPod for backup. I know there are a few songs that I wanted played at the reception that I am sure they won't have and I wanna make sure they are played...

We are gonna just have the stereo playing while I walk down the aisle. Do you all think it will be loud enough especially since I am walking a little distance? Should I bring something to play the musichuh.gif
If you want to play your own cd's during the ceremony, Chandlyn has a cd player so you don't have to bring one!

We're hiring the steel drum band during the ceremony/pics for an hour. We also rented the disco for our party later on, and we're bringing a lot of our own music for that!

I would like to have a couple of acoustic guitars, or a string quartet. I wonder if that will be possible to find there, and what kind of hurdles I'll have to jump through to get them onto the property ... Here's hoping ...