• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

My family has now decided to forego Christmas presents every year and take a family vacation. I guess they really liked Costa Rica. Now they are discussing where to go for next year, so we can book somewhere. What was your favorite vacation and where would you recommend to go?

I suggested Cabo, but they said they all voted Mexico out, I really want to change their minds...

Pictures and any recommendations would be great, thanks!

#2 NHPT

NHPT
    • 3,848 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

i love that idea! we are planning on starting taht with our family in the next few years. i have never been but i always wanted to go to Belize or Australia- just an idea! have fun!
      Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

We loved Moon Palace in Riviera Maya. It's AMAZING. I'd check out any of the Palace Resorts.

Or I vote Cayman Islands.

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

we will be going on a family cruise in 2009, my parents love Hawaii but we decided with two infants (mine and my sisters) Hawaii isn't realistic so at least with a cruise there is something for everyone.
        probably a carribean cruise.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

Why rule out mexico? I think it's a great place for family vacations. It's so beautiful & affordable.

I think brazil sounds great. Other ideas are Disney World, cabin in the mountains, or a Ski lodge in colorado.

I'm glad to hear your family had such a great time. I think the idea of a family vacation instead of presents is great. Most of us don't need any more stuff, but having fun together as a family would be something you'll never forget.

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            Why rule out mexico? I think it's a great place for family vacations. It's so beautiful & affordable.

I think brazil sounds great. Other ideas are Disney World, cabin in the mountains, or a Ski lodge in colorado.

I'm glad to hear your family had such a great time. I think the idea of a family vacation instead of presents is great. Most of us don't need any more stuff, but having fun together as a family would be something you'll never forget.
            not to be insenstive, but they are "ignorant" as you may say as far as knowing about other places. I think they are highly afraid of the water situation and getting sick

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

What a great idea! I have heard nothing, but good things about the Cayman Islands. We wanted to have our wedding there, but it was going to be more expensive and no direct flights from Chicago.
              Michelle

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

when I was researching for the wedding I loved Antigua, a co-worker just came back from St. Lucia and said its beautiful. I went to Turks & Caicos islands a few years ago and it was also beautiful!

we go on a group trip every year to the outerbanks in NC too, its so beautiful there, we rent a house and buy a ton of food and its really affordable.

#9 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

i've heard great things about atlantis in the bahamas - but it's pricey and not ai...disney is always fantastic, or a cruise, b/c there's always something for everyone...

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

laurens post just reminded me, I've also been to the atlantis in the bahamas, I honestly didn't like it that much, I thought it was SUPER overpriced and it was nothing special, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users