Photo

bridesmaid gets pregnant - can she fly??

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Otis1230

Otis1230
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

My best friend and bridesmaid- desides to get pregnant>>>>
    She will be 30 weeks the day of my wedding, and her and her families trip is paid, the gown is paid, EVERYTHING!!!
    Can she fly is the question to punta cana- what should I do!!!
    Michael & Lisa
    April 25th, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommends women don’t fly after their 36th week of pregnancy.. some airlines won't let women fly within 30 days of a due date..

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

my friend was told that if she got preggers before our wedding she wouldn't be able to fly after week 22....but that may just be her...? i say have her call the dr. asap to find out.

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

I always thought that once you entered your third trimester, you can (or should?) no longer fly.
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, I'd have her call her Dr for some advice asap. personally, I don't know how I'd feel about that....if I were within 10 weeks of my due date I can see myself possibly being nervous about going so far away. BUT, I imagine a lot of it depends on her particular pregnancy...if she's got complications of any sort obviously that will have to factor in...whereas if she's textbook healthy/happy it may not be a big deal.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:14 AM

its not a good idea..especially international flights.

what if she went into labor on the plane? or in DR?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

personally I don't plan on flying in my 3rd trimester. I flew from DC to Reno in my 6th week and it was miserable just having to keep getting up to pee and I cannot imagine sitting in those seats when I am that big.
            I would have her speak to the airlines and her dr. if she really wants to go.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Otis1230

Otis1230
            • 130 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for some insight because - I have tried talking with her a dozen times. She claims her doctor said its ok and shes flying to a 3rd world country. I explain everything too her but she seems to want to do her own thing.
              I just don't want to plan to have her and the 2 girls in the wedding and last minute they can't go
              Michael & Lisa
              April 25th, 2008
              Paradisus Punta Cana

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Otis1230
                Thanks for some insight because - I have tried talking with her a dozen times. She claims her doctor said its ok and shes flying to a 3rd world country. I explain everything too her but she seems to want to do her own thing.
                I just don't want to plan to have her and the 2 girls in the wedding and last minute they can't go
                I dunno, I guess from here you could ask her to step down if you'd really like to, but that'd just hurt your friendship.

I'd just leave it up to her, if she says she'll go then leave it at that... but at the same time, maybe just in the back of your mind expect that she won't be there and have a "plan b" in place!!

If I were you, I'd stress that her health and her baby's health is more important than anything and you understand she can't make it.
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 Jessica

Jessica
                • VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

I can't go to my friends wedding next week because my dr said she'd prefer for me not to fly during and beyond my 30th week. She should really talk to her doctor though as it really depends on her current health and the status of her pregnancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users