Sign in to follow this  
Otis1230

bridesmaid gets pregnant - can she fly??

My best friend and bridesmaid- desides to get pregnant>>>>

She will be 30 weeks the day of my wedding, and her and her families trip is paid, the gown is paid, EVERYTHING!!!

Can she fly is the question to punta cana- what should I do!!!

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommends women donâ€t fly after their 36th week of pregnancy.. some airlines won't let women fly within 30 days of a due date..

my friend was told that if she got preggers before our wedding she wouldn't be able to fly after week 22....but that may just be her...? i say have her call the dr. asap to find out.

Yeah, I'd have her call her Dr for some advice asap. personally, I don't know how I'd feel about that....if I were within 10 weeks of my due date I can see myself possibly being nervous about going so far away. BUT, I imagine a lot of it depends on her particular pregnancy...if she's got complications of any sort obviously that will have to factor in...whereas if she's textbook healthy/happy it may not be a big deal.

personally I don't plan on flying in my 3rd trimester. I flew from DC to Reno in my 6th week and it was miserable just having to keep getting up to pee and I cannot imagine sitting in those seats when I am that big.

I would have her speak to the airlines and her dr. if she really wants to go.

Thanks for some insight because - I have tried talking with her a dozen times. She claims her doctor said its ok and shes flying to a 3rd world country. I explain everything too her but she seems to want to do her own thing.

I just don't want to plan to have her and the 2 girls in the wedding and last minute they can't go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1230 View Post
Thanks for some insight because - I have tried talking with her a dozen times. She claims her doctor said its ok and shes flying to a 3rd world country. I explain everything too her but she seems to want to do her own thing.
I just don't want to plan to have her and the 2 girls in the wedding and last minute they can't go
I dunno, I guess from here you could ask her to step down if you'd really like to, but that'd just hurt your friendship.

I'd just leave it up to her, if she says she'll go then leave it at that... but at the same time, maybe just in the back of your mind expect that she won't be there and have a "plan b" in place!!

If I were you, I'd stress that her health and her baby's health is more important than anything and you understand she can't make it.

I can't go to my friends wedding next week because my dr said she'd prefer for me not to fly during and beyond my 30th week. She should really talk to her doctor though as it really depends on her current health and the status of her pregnancy.