TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPT
i think i am trying to decide if the rehearsal dinner should be at portofino's or at oceana terrace- it will cost the same either way (right?). i actually think oceana may be more quiet and relaxing- but still trying to decide. i feel bad because i feel like i am completely deciding the rehearsal dinner stuff and TELLING matt's mom what to do-haha! what a bossy bride! but she has no idea- its just weird because i am totally telling her what to do!
jenetta- you need to keep checking on me because you are always so on top of things- so keep reminding me what i should be doing so i dont forget something!!!!!!
i wanted my welcome dinner at portofinos BUT they have a size restriction...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#22 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

ahhhh- i didnt know that- do you remember what it was?
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

i think it was 40..we had about 56 and it was too big

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

Wait - Jenetta did you say you're using Tomas Barron? i think Maye C. just hired him as our photograpoher for the same date... hmmmm... I wil ask her to double check it.
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#25 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
      • 1,430 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JPMO
        We're hosting a welcome dinner the first night instead on Dreams' beach
        The ceremony/reception will take place at the Cascade terrace as well. It is such a great spot. I think the pool is so picturesque. Since it's two levels we'll use the bottom level for ceremony and top for reception. The terrace next to the waterfall and pool will hold the cocktail hour.

I felt the same way about an offsite rehearsal dinner. Transportation would eat up our savings. We will however rent a truck/van for the week. Besides, people paid a nice amount of money to stay at Dreams I figured we'd try to maximize our dollar. If you or I had picked a non AI then it would be a harder decision.

Hi! I have so many questions for you if you don't mind. I have never been to dreams and I'm not sure if we are going to be able to make it down there before the wedding so I was hoping you or anyone could anwser some questions. We are getting married at the gazebo and then we are doing our reception at the cascada terrace. I saw you were doing your ceremony and reception there. I'm confused it is 2 levels? We plan on having about 75-100 people. How many people are you having and what size tables are you doing and how many can even fit. Are you doing 8 or 10 a table? Also you are having a cocktail reception at the terrace next to the waterfall and pool, is that all apart of the cascada terrace? Are you setting up tables there as well? Sorry for all the questions i'm just so confused by not having been there at all. What time are you getting married at? For the rehearsal dinner i was thinking about doing a mexican theme and i have reserved the oceana pool. But i did hear that it is kind of small so now i'm worried about fitting everyone. I love the idea of the beach! is is pretty private or are there always alot of people around? I think that would be fun too. ok I think that is it! sorry so many questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users