Photo

Mariachi Band???

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 EDYTA

EDYTA
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:54 AM

Can anyone recommend a good Mariachi band? would like to use them for cocktail hour...Dreams is offering one for $700/hr that seems a lot to me anyone else think so or is this reasonable?

#2 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
    • VIP Member
    • 931 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:54 AM

I am using Mariachis Los Cabos. I think they're $550?

#3 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:57 AM

do you have an idea if its only 3 people in the group or like 10? cause I know the more of them the more expensive

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:21 AM

mine we $500-550 and there were 6 or 7 i think in the band...i went through maye.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

Tammy how long you use them for? were they worth the money? or should I just opt out for a dj or a trio or something like that?

#6 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
          • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:58 AM

We used Mariachis Los Cabos for our cocktail hour and paid about $450 in the end. As you'll read from my review, their music was great but hiring them ourselves and getting them to the venue was an odyssey!
            MariaElena - 10/28/06
            Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#7 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
            • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:24 PM

we have a mariachi band (although i am not sure which one) coming for 2 hours for $1050. They are playing for our ceremony and our cocktail hour.
              Jen & Aaron
              January 13, 2007

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

okay I just found my email - they're $500 for one hour, $450 for two or more, and there are 8 members in the band.

#9 EDYTA

EDYTA
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:10 AM

Thanks ladies

#10 MERRYME

MERRYME
                  • 324 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:38 AM

These guys are supposed to be very, very good. I will be using them I think! I am trying to find email on costs. The costs given to me are more expensive as they have to travel to Todos Santos one hour from Cabo.

www.loscabosguide.com/mariachi/index.html
                    Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                    22nd of December 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users