Photo

Christmas Tree Theme...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

FI and I have been collecting christmas ornaments from our travels for the past 4 1/2 years - every time we go away for the weekend, on a vacation, to a new country, etc we buy an ornament that represents a memory of the trip! but guess what? we have never put up a tree! haha
    i told him i want to wait until we buy our first house since we live in the city and everything is smaller.

#12 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

Last Christmas was my first Christmas outside of the familys house... and in I moved with 3 boys. Since I am still there until we move into a house I decided to add a touch of girlyness to our testosterone infested house. I have pink lights and pink and purple garland with matching ornaments. I also have tons of ornaments as a child and that my FI and I exchange ever xmas that we put up.

#13 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

Everyone's decorating traditions are so great!!! I love the idea of getting new ornaments every year, etc...I do like the color theme too...but it's fun to have a variety of ornaments...especially I think for those who have kids...

#14 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:08 AM

Give me 2 weeks and I'll post pictures, right after "Drunk Christmas Tree" night. It's become our annual tradition: We have a handful of friends over, I cook a "fancy" meal, we do a gift exchange, then we whip out the Pennsylvania Dutch and about 3 bottles later- the tree is done (which gets more and more interesting looking every year), dishes are broken, and we're all passed out all over the place... :)

#15 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:27 AM

I do white lights and all purple, celery green, gold & silver ornaments. Here are a couple pics from last year...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:15 PM

We put ours up at the beginning of November this year, LOL. Neither one of us have had our own XMas tree since we moved out of our parents house. (That's been about 5 years for me.) This is also our very first Christmas in OUR own house!!!! So needless to say I've been overly excited about decorating, but so is FI and it's so much fun!!!

My Grandparents gave us their beautiful 9 ft. tree that they used to use but have since downgraded because it's too much for them to do. It looks great in our place because we have very high ceilings. We went with red lights and multi-colored ball and red and white sparkly candy cane ornaments. We didn't do too many tho cause we want to be able to build over the years. We've also decided to start a tradition where we get a commemorative ornament every year. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#17 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
                FI and I have been collecting christmas ornaments from our travels for the past 4 1/2 years - every time we go away for the weekend, on a vacation, to a new country, etc we buy an ornament that represents a memory of the trip! but guess what? we have never put up a tree! haha
                i told him i want to wait until we buy our first house since we live in the city and everything is smaller.
                Alyssa, I do the same thing. I actually started doing this before I met Brendan. Back in 1995, I went to the Bahamas and bought my first ornament. Since then I collect ornaments from everyplace we travel (internationally.) We have a nice collection now and love seeing the ornaments on the tree - reminds us of all our trips.

We went to Croatia in 2006 and couldn't find an ornament. So a friend who lives there actually made me an ornament out of sea shells and gave it to me recently. I can't wait to see it on our tree this year.

#18 Jenn79

Jenn79
                • 625 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

This is our first year doing our own tree, and I have to admit, I've been more than a little bit excited about it. We don't have a theme, just lots of multicoloured lights and different ornaments. I've been collecting since I was sixteen (about twelve years now), and I like to get a new one every year, whether it's from Hallmark, Carlton Cards, or somewhere else. I've also started picking one up wherever I travel.
                  Here is a link to an album I've set up of our decorating
                  Facebook | Jennifer Hill Holmes's Photos - It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

On a side note, I do have a second tree that is themed: Star Wars themed. I'm a ridiculously huge fan, and have amassed quite a collection of Star Wars ornaments (thank you Hallmark and Ebay!). It's only a 3ft tall tree, but I've decked it out with blue lights, my Star Wars ornaments, and some silver, blue and green ball ornaments to fill it out (to go with the Light Side of the Force...I know, I am such a geek!). This is the first year I've been able to have my Star Wars tree, and I couldn't be happier with it!
                  Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                  Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                  "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#19 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

Alyssa and Jen we have been doing the same thing since we have been together. We have always tried to get something every where we go.
                  We also have a few other random ornaments that family have given us over the year.
                  Each year we go out and buy something fun that reminds us of our year-this year we got a wine barrel ornament to symbolize our wedding
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users