Jump to content

Photo

Wording to have guests stay at your resort


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
  • Jr. Member
  • 153 posts

    Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

    Hi Ladies! My FI and I need a little help!! We are worried about having a lot of guests deciding to stay off of the resort where the wedding will be (our guest list is ~80 people). There is an extra fee ($99 per person at Dreams Cancun) that we must pay for all off site guests to attend the wedding. That obviously can add up quickly and a big part of why we are doing a destination wedding is because we want to have the extra few days to hang out with our closest friends and family and to have them get to know each other.
    So we are looking for suggestion on how to word the invitations to promote staying at our resort. Also any other suggestions on helping persuade guests to stay with us at Dreams would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks so much!
    Kristin
    Happily Married 1/25/08
    Dreams Resort, Cancun

    #2 Sarah

    Sarah

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

      Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by cancunbride2be
      So we are looking for suggestion on how to word the invitations to promote staying at our resort. Also any other suggestions on helping persuade guests to stay with us at Dreams would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks so much!
      Kristin
      I think this may be a little difficult to get across on the invitations, but if you have a website or an insert in the invitations you could get this across.
      On my website, I said "Our goal is to have all of our guests in one location so we can enjoy eachother's company during the days leading up to and after the wedding. Feel free to make a vacation out of our wedding and stay for as little or long as you want!"
      I also said "We have found the all-inclusive route to be very economical while vacationing. We would love all of our guests to stay at Dreams with us, but the resort is booked to capacity all year round and will probably be full by December 1st for our wedding in May. Please reserve your room as soon as possible! If you are unable to get a room at Dreams, or would prefer to stay at another property, please contact us or our travel agent and we will assist you in making those arrangements." I was hoping this would create a little sense of urgency that they needed to book their rooms sooner rather than later. So far, it hasn't helped, but as many other brides have reminded me, I probably won't get people booking rooms until the last possible second.

      #3 A10CalGal

      A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

        Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cancunbride2be
        Hi Ladies! My FI and I need a little help!! We are worried about having a lot of guests deciding to stay off of the resort where the wedding will be (our guest list is ~80 people). There is an extra fee ($99 per person at Dreams Cancun) that we must pay for all off site guests to attend the wedding. That obviously can add up quickly and a big part of why we are doing a destination wedding is because we want to have the extra few days to hang out with our closest friends and family and to have them get to know each other.
        So we are looking for suggestion on how to word the invitations to promote staying at our resort. Also any other suggestions on helping persuade guests to stay with us at Dreams would be greatly appreciated!

        Thanks so much!
        Kristin
        AHA! Kristin, this truly is the $600,000 question! I think Sarah gave some great advice, but be prepared to have people do what they are going to do - it may not be what you want them to do. Don't even get me started...

        #4 TammyB

        TammyB
        • Sr. Member
        • 10,630 posts

          Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
          AHA! Kristin, this truly is the $600,000 question! I think Sarah gave some great advice, but be prepared to have people do what they are going to do - it may not be what you want them to do. Don't even get me started...

          HOLLY CRAP.. I just noticed how many points you and Sarah have now.. My God ladies you must be winning like crazy in the lotto.. lol

          #5 A10CalGal

          A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

            Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TAMMYM
            HOLLY CRAP.. I just noticed how many points you and Sarah have now.. My God ladies you must be winning like crazy in the lotto.. lol
            Teee heee! I know, when I signed in the other day I was flabbergasted at how many points I had - I guess I won the weekly lotto jackpot. WOOHOO!

            #6 TammyWright

            TammyWright

              Admin & Owner

            • Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

            Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
            Teee heee! I know, when I signed in the other day I was flabbergasted at how many points I had - I guess I won the weekly lotto jackpot. WOOHOO!
            now go buy us some things!

            Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

             
            Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
             
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


            #7 Sarah

            Sarah

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

              Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:31 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TAMMYM
              HOLLY CRAP.. I just noticed how many points you and Sarah have now.. My God ladies you must be winning like crazy in the lotto.. lol
              hehe- yup the lotto has turned into the Christa & Sarah show the last few days...

              #8 NHPT

              NHPT
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,848 posts

                Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

                i know this is totally rude but i told my guests that there were responisble for the daily fee if they choose to stay somewhere else. this is what it says on our website- we havent done invites yet but the wording will be pretty similar:
                "We are staying at Dreams Los Cabos- All Inclusive Resort. Please try to stay at this resort if possible to avoid extra "daily pass" fees. If you choose to stay at a different location you will be responsible for the $85 fee. Thank You!"
                i know- sort of rude- but we CAN NOT afford to cover everyone- once we have a better idea of the number of people who are staying off site and once we are closer and see if we have extra money in the budget- we may offer to cover the cost- but we will have to see how things turn out.
                Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

                #9 NABUMBAH

                NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

                  Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

                  I think Sarah is right. You can suggest it, but ultimately these folks are going a long way to watch you get married and hopefully take a nice vacation as well. So if they choose to stay elsewhere you just have to deal with it.

                  #10 TammyWright

                  TammyWright

                    Admin & Owner

                  • Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

                  Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:48 AM

                  i agree with sarah and tasha...

                  even though we did not want guests to stay elsewhere, we were ready to bite the bullet and pay for those that did not stay at our resort...

                  BUT one of the reasons we chose the resort we did was because it was a good deal and not so expensive so there was no reason for guests to want to stay elsewhere.

                  we did have about 8-10 that stayed offsite but mainly because they did not book in time to get the room block or they had a timeshare...one guy even camped out on the beach.

                  Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

                   
                  Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                   
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.





                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users