• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
    I have a vegetarian in our group and another person that doesn't eat red meat. They would both eat the lobster. Do you think it's okay to have surf-n-turf even though they don't eat meat?

That may be my only workable option.

I would love to do the Beach BBQ but you need a min of 45 people (well at least pay for 45 ppl) same with buffett. Looks like we are only going to have 30 people.
    You are sure that your vegetarian would eat lobster? Many true vegetarians do not eat seafood. I am in the same situation. But I have at least two Vegans coming. They will not eat any animals or animal by products (cheese, milk, etc). Please let me know if the hotel agrees to at least fix a special plate for your vegetarian.

#12 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

My vegetarian does eat seafood which is good for me but i'll have to check to make sure she eats lobster. When I talk to the wc about it i'll let you know what she says but i'm going to wait till I talk to all of my guests to see if they all will eat lobster or if there are any other dietary restrictions i have to worry about! There's always something I have to worry about!!! Never ending.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#13 sunsetbride08

sunsetbride08
      • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

I'm curious as to what the pricing was for the reception options? :)

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sunsetbride08
          I'm curious as to what the pricing was for the reception options? :)
          I'm attaching the worksheet the WC sent me.

It won't let me attach the calculator wc. i'll see i can pm it to you.

Attached Files

#15 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

Sorry I couldn't pm an attachment to you either.

#16 Copita

Copita
            • 979 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Each resort has different pricing options. Some charge per person. Others just make you pay one lump sump to rent out the restaurant (and have a private/closed reception not available to the public/the rest of the resort-goers) and this will include all food and beverages. We are going with the latter.

#17 MorganD

MorganD
              • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cmmdee
                Each resort has different pricing options. Some charge per person. Others just make you pay one lump sump to rent out the restaurant (and have a private/closed reception not available to the public/the rest of the resort-goers) and this will include all food and beverages. We are going with the latter.
                Hi! I am deciding between PPC and PPR for my wedding next year. Where are you having your private reception? Event locations are my deciding factors as to which resort I will choose...

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Morgan the PPR has a lot of different places for a private reception. I'm having mine on one of the beaches (there are two to choose from). But there is also an outside terrace by the pool and a prive club off the beach (it's open no windows very pretty). Than there are places inside the resort to have it. Have you seen any pics? I'll pm you the link to some pics.

#19 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MorganD
                    Hi! I am deciding between PPC and PPR for my wedding next year. Where are you having your private reception? Event locations are my deciding factors as to which resort I will choose...

Iberostar Punta Cana.
                    Most of the resorts will customize the wedding for you with a private reception if you ask. We have a large group of about 150 guests so that is why we don't want to share our dinner with resort-goers. Plus we have a band and dj as well.

Ask your WC. He/she should be able to give you more details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users