Dennis Quaid's NewBorn Twins Poisoned at L.A. Hospital!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
    This is every parent’s nightmare!
    Actor Dennis Quaid and his wife, Kimberly Buffington, welcomed fraternal twins (via surrogate) on November 8th.
    Unfortunately, those twins - Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace - are now fighting for their lives after an accidental overdose was given at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Sunday.
    The newborns were given massive doses of Heparin, a blood thinner. Babies typically get 10 units. Quaid’s kids were given 10,000!!!
    The drug is used to flush out IV lines and prevent blood clots.
    After the accidental overdose on Sunday, both babies started to “bleed out.”
    Apparently, a technician stored the Heparin in the wrong place so when the nurse grabbed the medicine for the babies without looking it was the wrong dosage.
    The infants are now being given Protamine, which reverses the effects of Heparin.
    The twins are now at the neo-natal intensive care unit and reportedly in stable condition.
    [Image via WENN.]

#2 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

omg how scary is that? so sad too! i hope they're ok!

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

you have to be very careful at the hospital...some bad things happened to jackson and luckily we caught it before he it caused any long term damage...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

That is TERRIBLE.... so sad
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#5 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

Unbelievable.... That hospital better be ready for a lawsuit!!

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#6 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

that is so scary and so sad!

#7 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

Omg that is so awful

#8 starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Cedars is a very busy and prominent hospital, my godchild was born there and I was not pleased with the level of care. Let's hope they make a postive recovery. So sad :o(

#9 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

okay, not to hijack...but...where is everyone getting these new siggy things? I don't even know what to call them.
                  Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                  Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#10 Leia78

• VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

How sad. Word to the wise...be VERY careful in the hospital. Let's just say if any of my family members, God forbid, gets hospitalized, I would never leave their side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users