Photo

Following Up on RSVP's?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

Our RSVP deadline is 12/01 for the hotel bookings (we blocked the entire hotel -22 rooms).

What do you think is the most tactful way to follow up with people are don't RSVP?

PS. why do people do that - RUDE!

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

I would just email or call up the people that you haven't heard from and remind them of the dec. 1st deadline. If they don't respond by then, it will be their loss.. not alot you can do about it unfortunately. Hopefully if you remind them then people we make the effort to respond.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

we have gotten RSVP's from over 50% of our list so i am not too stressed out about it - i just always think how hard is it to RSVP and wonder why people don't do it and feel funny about having to follow up and ask them!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

That stinks, A. However, at least you have had over 50% responded! I had like 14 of almost 300 book mine! only 4 responded they couldn't come. now, don't get me wrong, we only expected like 40-60, but still!

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

That is soooooo rude...happened to me too. We had postcards made with pics of PV and the date on the front, and a reminder to RSVP on the back. It was worth the $30 for me not to have that conversation with people. As this was our second STD anyone who didn't reply was out for sure.

#6 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
            • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

Today is the final day for my guests to RSVP and I am still waiting on approximately 50% of my guests to respond. I sent out a second reminder a month ago (my travel agent quit and we were assigned to a new one, so I had to send out the new contact information) and a few guests RSVP'd at that point. It's such a pain waiting for guests to book--I am planning on booking a sunset sail dinner cruise (instead of a typical dinner reception) and need to reserve seats ahead of time. I feel your pain.

Apparently, the most tactful way (according to wedding etiquette websites) is to get the mothers of the bride/groom to call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users