Photo

wedding photojournalist style preference...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jezebel

jezebel
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:04 PM

hello....i have been reading various threads about photographers and thought i would share a website i have found for those brides who prefer a photojournalist (more natural and documentary) style for their wedding: Wedding Photojournalist Association www.wpja.com

it's a great resource as it lists photographers who are living in certain areas, as well as those who are willing to travel for destination weddings.

i am considering using bradley fraser since he is a member, and his rates seem reasonable at $300 / hr with a minimum of 2 hours. has any other bride used him and if so, do you have any samples of his photojournalistic style to share? i am also considering gilda baldillo as she seems to have the same style yet she is not a member but more expensive!

would love to know if there are any gilda brides out there with samples too...

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

jenniferv used gilda and has her pics posted.

janet used bradley and his pics are posted. both are recent weddings...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

I think Janeyt loved Bradley... I tried to book him for our wedding but he was already taken
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

Both Raina and Leigh also used Bradley. I'm excited to have him as our photog - he seems just like our kinda guy!

#5 leigh miller

leigh miller
        • 936 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:55 AM

you might also check out the [AG]WPJA: Artistic Wedding Photojournalism : Fine Art Wedding Photography - its a subdivision of the wpja. the only way to get into the agwpja is to place in a contest. i am a member of both. its a great resource for PJ wedding photographers!

here are links to recent posts on my blog about the organizations -

Leigh Miller Photography

Leigh Miller Photography

photographers on the wpja greatly influenced my decision to get into wedding photography!

#6 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

I used to be a member of both the WPJA and the AGWPJA but cancelled my membership because I didn't really agree with the way that the ran various aspects of the association.

It is a great resource for great talent.

#7 NATASHA

NATASHA
            • 646 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

I really loved Dino - I am still impressed by the photos and he was the easiest vendor of all to work with. I can highly recommend him.
              Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users