#11 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
    i def want a live band for my reception maybe with a DJ.. the entertainment is a very impt part to me, makes the wedding fun. How are these guys? and how do they charge?

i think im going to have a solo violinist for the ceremony, and the carribean trio for the cocktail hour
    They were highly recommended by the previous WC at the Mayan in PV. But there are different groups and all I know is what I've seen on their website. We are paying MX$28000 for 5 hours (5-pc versitile latin band).

I noticed that they updated their website and now offer services in Cancun. Good luck!

#12 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
    • 208 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amyh
      They were highly recommended by the previous WC at the Mayan in PV. But there are different groups and all I know is what I've seen on their website. We are paying MX$28000 for 5 hours (5-pc versitile latin band).

I noticed that they updated their website and now offer services in Cancun. Good luck!
      I emailed them and received a quote for $3800. Thats a huge difference... a thousand dollars! well ill email them again to see why the big difference.. but thanks!!
      "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#13 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
      • 208 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh

I emailed them and received a quote for $3800. Thats a huge difference... a thousand dollars! well ill email them again to see why the big difference.. but thanks!!
        "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#14 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
          FYI, we contacted Enlace last year (December if I remember correctly) and booked in early this year. And we are getting married in PV, so I’m not sure if that will make a big difference.

#15 ypc09

ypc09
          • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

I am looking for a more reasonable priced mariachi or Trio for our reception in PV can anyone give me a contact name and number? Our hotel is quoting us $750/hr.

#16 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

ours was included in our package at dreams, so i don't know who they were. i didn't even hear them. sorry!

#17 ypc09

ypc09
              • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for letting me know! :)

#18 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ypc09
                  I am looking for a more reasonable priced mariachi or Trio for our reception in PV can anyone give me a contact name and number? Our hotel is quoting us $750/hr.

Mine is quoting $750 per hour as well!

#19 Cagrl20

Cagrl20
                  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

I would love to have a live band for the reception, but I wouldn't even know how to find a good one in PV. Although, I've been to a few weddings this year and the DJ basically played from an IPOD that the bride and groom supplied, so having an Ipod that a friend or family member manages would be a good thing too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users