Hello - Our first steps to planning our destination wedding
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:00 PM
3. Cabo - possibly Riu or Dreams
With the target being 08.08.08 (only approximately 8 months from now), we would appreciate any ideas or suggested links to threads that anyone has to share. We've never even helped planned anyone else's wedding so basically we have zero experience regarding this.
More specifically, topics regarding the following:
1) travel agents
2) planning tips for family/friends coming from different locations
3) obstacles to avoid
5) paperwork needed
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:05 PM
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:31 PM
1) travel agents The host of this forum is a TA. I know she's busy, so I'm not sure if she's accepting new clients, but I'm sure she'd be able to point you in the right direction if not.
2) planning tips for family/friends coming from different locationsNot sure what kind of tips you're looking for here. This is where a TA comes in handy (rather than organizing it yourself). You'll find a popular suggestion of sending out Save-The-Dates (aka STD's) to give your guests plenty of information to keep them satisfied before the formal invites. You can find some helpful threads here: Invitations, STDs, photos & website
3) obstacles to avoid Hmm, can't think of anything offhand. But you may find some good advice in some post-wedding reviews, or there are some threads entitled "what I would and wouldn't do again", those are helpful. Try looking here: Wedding Reviews
4) oversightsAgain, i think those thread ideas listed above may help
5) paperwork neededI'll see if I can dig up some good threads for ya...
Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:34 PM
let me know if i can help in any way.
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:40 PM
Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:41 PM
You will definitely get a lot of advice here.
I am photographing two weddings at the Rio Palace in Los Cabos, one is this December and one is next year in April - I will share my pictures when I return.
Toronto Photographer | Destination wedding photography, trash the dress and fashion
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users