Riu Mexico or Iberostar Lindo?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Luba&Mike2008

• 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

I am new to the forum, but I think it's such a great resourse. You girls are great! I am trying to decide between these two sites and I am kinda stuck. Is anyone having their wedding at either one? I'd really appreciate any info.

#2 piscesgirl

• 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

Hi, welcome!

I looked at the Riu as well, but they have a requirement that a certain percentage of your guests has stay at their hotel, something like 80%. I'm planning on having around 50 guests, and I want my guests to have a choice in where they stay, so that was a deal-breaker for me. If you're having a smaller wedding, that may not be an issue for you. The travel agent who is helping me also said that the Riu's have had some problems with their beaches eroding. She recommended the Lindo to me.

Good luck!
      Willow reading an e-mail....

#3 Luba&Mike2008

• 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

Thank you. I decided to go with Riu, but I am still waiting to hear from them. I hate this part of not knowing...

#4 beachbride08

• VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

I'm having my wedding at the Lindo. I have the 2008 wedding package info if you want it. It was a little more expensive, but I liked the Iberostar resort better. If you have any questions please let me know. Welcome to the forum!

#5 Jaysgirl119

• 106 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to the forum! I am getting married at Lindo May 2008. I went there in May and feel in love with the resort. Let me know if you have any questions.

#6 Luba&Mike2008

• 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

Thank you so much girls. I am still waiting from Riu to set up the date.

#7 rob4ever

• 53 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

I actually did a site visit with my FI back in April and visited both the Iberostar Lindo & May and all of the Riu Resorts. Although the Iberostar was great, we decided to get married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. I just thought the Iberostar was too big. If you have any questions about the Riu though, just let me know!

#8 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

We did a site visit to the Lindo earlier this year. Personally we did not like it because of the size of the resort and the location choices of the ceremony. I also did not feel comfortable with the WC there. The rooms are nice tho and the resort is pretty - just really big.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 S2BLennon

• 668 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

Funny, I was looking between the 2 also, and we just decided on the Lindo due to the fact that it really seemed family friendly with the wave pool and the lazy river. I wanted my guests to feel like they have opportunities to hang out and relax but also have a ton to do. We'll see if I made the right choice!

#10 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

This is from a wedding at the Iberostar, it might help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users