Photo

OOT bag info

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#191 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

hmm well if you want to save some money then you can put something on the oot bag that indicates it is for family fun that way you could give it to just one room and they will know to share? Otherwise I would do seperate bags for the seperate rooms.

#192 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
    • 258 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

So, I went to the Dollar Store tonight and I got overwhelmed!! There were so many things there that I wanted to buy, but I didn't want to go overboard. I have to keep telling myself that I have to actually bring all this stuff with me!! Plus we have an infant, our daugther, in tow! For such a small little thing she sure needs alot of things hehe.. but an Angel none the less!! So far for our Welcome Bags I have: Luggage tags & Postcards which I don't know if I want to use anymore.. I made a logo on powerpoint AFTER I ordered all these postcards and business cards (luggage tags)!! Good thing Vistaprint is CHEAP... but I don't know if I want to just waste them. I'm so confused. But, tonight I bought tissues, day planners (pink sunset w/flamingos for the girls and a surfer dude for the boys) and I bought a first aid kit so I could see what our logo would look like on it.
      Anyone else having these problems?

#193 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
      • 445 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will plan on at least one bag per room whether they are in the same family as another room and then plan on giving one bag per single person. I will just figure out a way to mark them whether it is for one or two.

On the issue of changing your mind after you bought things, I have changed my mind on things several times. So far, the only thing I didn't give after buying is some Save the Date magnets that came out completely wrong colors that you couldn't read. (It looked better on the computer, couldn't read it on the magnet) It is a good thing VistaPrint is cheap cause I just reordered with corrected colors. I have tried to go ahead and use anything else I changed my mind on, better too much stuff than not enough.

#194 alliegrenier

alliegrenier
        • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

You all are so wonderful!! This and my FI's outfit are the only things left on my to-do list and I've been struggling on what do to. My biggest concern is getting all of this down there. We're looking at 50-70 guests. How in the world do you transport all of this through customs, let alone packing it and carrying it all on the plane?? We had found Mishka Design, and LOVE their maracas, plus they're in PV, so we wouldn't have to worry about delivery and transport...but it would use up our entire gift budget. I'm torn.

#195 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

We are putting together 40 - 50 bags and we made a decision to try and deliver all the local ones a day or so before we leave (a week before everyone leaves). We are going to put in our brochures with a note to please not forget the bag and if possible, open when they arrive. If they open early, oh well!!

For the ones that are not local that we have to bring down, We are going to ask a several family members to divide them up and bring them with them.

I don't want to have to stress about getting it down there. We have a huge pile of things already and I received my 96 travel mugs yesterday...... two more HUGE boxes.

#196 alliegrenier

alliegrenier
            • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

I am SOOOO excited about my latest addition to our OOT bag.

I ordered postcards from VistaPrint.com with a beautiful sunset beach front that said:

Nuevo Vallarta,
              Mexico

A memory of our
              time with you
              on your wedding day

May 22, 2009

Then on the back it had our address as the return address and on the bottom said:

Please return to Allie & Jeremy in lieu of signing a guest book

I love this idea and can't wait to build a collection of the cards when we get home!!

#197 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

I have to admit that the OOT bags were my first mission upon our decision to do a DW. It was sooo fun to get them together! We have 33 people attending, with a wide variety of age and interests, so here's out breakdown.

I found different colored sand pails at Michaels for $0.50 in the summer, they each came with a little shovel-- they stack nicely and shouldn't be too hard to pack.

Each bucket gets:

Tums

Starfish Wine Topper

Little Beach themed magnet -- DIY will post in plan thread later

Wish necklace for girls -- Colored thread (we chose purple) with a small shell that you make a wish on(bought in bulk for cheap) on it, tied into a knot and worn until the thread breaks from wear. When it breaks the wish is supposed to come true! (easy and cheap)

Ceremony Bubbles

"Just Married" Flip Flop keychains

Individual Starbucks coffee packets-- for those that miss it while away.

Two different sea scented candles with a match pack for each (dollar store)

Individual Body Cream, Body wash sets

Mini Hand Sanitizer -- really easy and really cheap from Superstore!

Individual Scope

Maps of Puerto Vallarta -- activities, excursions, attractions, shopping, etc.

Itinerary

Thank you postcard and nametag

There's a few more goodies that I just can't remember, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Does anyone have any ideas for easy Men's additions? I have a lot of girly stuff, but am stumped for the guys. I was thinking some sort of inflatable sports toy... like a beach ball. I know it doesn't scream manly, but...

#198 nikkigard

nikkigard
                • 200 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

What about a frisbee? They have them at Dollar Tree for $1. I also got some at Michaels for $1.

#199 alliegrenier

alliegrenier
                  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ashey063009
                    I have to admit that the OOT bags were my first mission upon our decision to do a DW. It was sooo fun to get them together! We have 33 people attending, with a wide variety of age and interests, so here's out breakdown.

I found different colored sand pails at Michaels for $0.50 in the summer, they each came with a little shovel-- they stack nicely and shouldn't be too hard to pack.

Each bucket gets:

Tums

Starfish Wine Topper

Little Beach themed magnet -- DIY will post in plan thread later

Wish necklace for girls -- Colored thread (we chose purple) with a small shell that you make a wish on(bought in bulk for cheap) on it, tied into a knot and worn until the thread breaks from wear. When it breaks the wish is supposed to come true! (easy and cheap)

Ceremony Bubbles

"Just Married" Flip Flop keychains

Individual Starbucks coffee packets-- for those that miss it while away.

Two different sea scented candles with a match pack for each (dollar store)

Individual Body Cream, Body wash sets

Mini Hand Sanitizer -- really easy and really cheap from Superstore!

Individual Scope

Maps of Puerto Vallarta -- activities, excursions, attractions, shopping, etc.

Itinerary

Thank you postcard and nametag

There's a few more goodies that I just can't remember, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Does anyone have any ideas for easy Men's additions? I have a lot of girly stuff, but am stumped for the guys. I was thinking some sort of inflatable sports toy... like a beach ball. I know it doesn't scream manly, but...
                    Where did you find the PV Maps? I'd like to include them, but am not sure where to look.

Thanks!!

#200 ashey063009

ashey063009
                    • 604 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Nikki-- A frisbee is a genius idea!! Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'll be sure to run to Michaels ASAP

Allie -- typically if you speak with your TA they can find maps and attraction breakdown for you and send them to you. However, my FI and I are heading down a week before everyone else, so I'm planning on grabbing them in town when we arrive.

You could definitely speak with your WC and find out if they can send you one from the RIU. I'm sure she'd be happy to!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users