Post Your Mom's Dress!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#191 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by soonCB 

I really like the MIL dress. Where did you find it?

Purchased on sale from Coldwater Creek. But it's an online exclusive, so you don't have the benefit of trying it on in stores. Happy Shopping!

http://www.coldwater...k=toprated.aspx

#192 ErinDoc

ErinDoc
    • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

My mom's dress is similar to your mom's from BR- she was worried it might be too casual for the occasion, but I'm all for it! The wedding party is wearing cotton dresses and khakis/white shirts, so it will all be casual. Plus it will be HOT!

Erin & Bryan ~ 11.6.11 ~ IRHS, Jamaica

50 booked!!! .

#193 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
      • 164 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

My mom is stressing out (and I think we are going to have a repeat of my sister's wedding a little over a year ago where my mom was soooo indecisive; my sister said helping my mom find a dress stressed her out more than any of her wedding planning! LOL)

She is about 5'5, doesn't like to show her arms (so sleeveless is out), but wants to show her legs (so no very long dresses for her). What a combination!

We have been looking for something in linen in our wedding colors (orange or red) but I am having no luck. Even if I can't find something in linen, if I can find a nice casual dress, we would be fine. (didn't know this until yesterday but my sister told me she was trying to decide if she would go very dressy or not. After my sis talked her out of that, she is fine with going dressy casual)

Any website suggestions?

#194 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

This is going to be hard for me! My mom is super casual and my FI mother is very dressy and fancy. I'm glad you girls say they don't have to coordinate b/c that just won't work with them! I have a while to figure this out but it's something I need to start thinking about! 

I know this is a different thread but just a quick question here: Do the fathers have to dress like the BM and GM? 

Attached Files

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#195 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

This is going to be hard for me! My mom is super casual and my FI mother is very dressy and fancy. I'm glad you girls say they don't have to coordinate b/c that just won't work with them! I have a while to figure this out but it's something I need to start thinking about! 

I know this is a different thread but just a quick question here: Do the fathers have to dress like the BM and GM? 

No. Traditionally, fathers wear tuxes, but do not match the wedding party. So, the same would apply here. Just try and get the same idea as the wedding party (so, same level of casual), but not matching.

We do not know if my parents are coming or not, but FI's dad already picked up a pair of linen pants (which we are recommending to everyone, as they are much more comfortable in the July Caribbean heat than anything else, FI found), and he said he will find a suitable button down t shirt. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was crazy Hawaiian floral (a la Jimmy Buffet), but that is him, so that is fine. FI and Best Man are wearing linen pants (FI white, GM khaki) and white linen shirts. 

Hope that helps!

#196 LissaSou

LissaSou
          • 174 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
          • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

I'm so excited because we found my moms dress today. I didn't get a pic of her in it at the store, but it looks amazing on her!

Not sure why they're sideways?!

Attached Files

#197 jennifernoel1

jennifernoel1
          • 179 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Montego Bay
          • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Great pics

#198 Sara1603

Sara1603
          • 216 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Great thread! Can't wait to reach 150 to see everything

#199 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
            • 441 posts
            • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
            • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1405653449384.jpg   47.83KB   1 downloads
            This my moms dress. It fit her perfect except for the length but that's always a problem for her. She's a shorty lol. She bought it at lord and taylor for like $50 with a coupon. Not bad.
            With the ruffles it felt very appropriate for Mexico. I was happy that she was happy and loved it.

Edited by NJBride2014, 17 July 2014 - 07:24 PM.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#200 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
            • 831 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
            • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

This is such a cute thread. My mom loves to shop (I get the gene from her haha) and I swear, she's bought (and returned half!) 10 dresses already. She's buying dresses for our ceremony, reception, welcome parties, etc. haha. It's very cute to see how excited she is about it, and she keeps taking pictures of herself in change rooms and sending them to me! She wants to look nice as the mother of the bride :)

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users