Family

I thought I would share a picture after the fact, since my original posts were so long ago.  Here are the mom's and the grandma (and the dad's too) on the wedding day :)

Originally Posted by jordanb View Post

My mom's dress is similar to your mom's from BR- she was worried it might be too casual for the occasion, but I'm all for it! The wedding party is wearing cotton dresses and khakis/white shirts, so it will all be casual. Plus it will be HOT!

My mom is stressing out (and I think we are going to have a repeat of my sister's wedding a little over a year ago where my mom was soooo indecisive; my sister said helping my mom find a dress stressed her out more than any of her wedding planning! LOL)

She is about 5'5, doesn't like to show her arms (so sleeveless is out), but wants to show her legs (so no very long dresses for her). What a combination!

We have been looking for something in linen in our wedding colors (orange or red) but I am having no luck. Even if I can't find something in linen, if I can find a nice casual dress, we would be fine. (didn't know this until yesterday but my sister told me she was trying to decide if she would go very dressy or not. After my sis talked her out of that, she is fine with going dressy casual)

Any website suggestions?

This is going to be hard for me! My mom is super casual and my FI mother is very dressy and fancy. I'm glad you girls say they don't have to coordinate b/c that just won't work with them! I have a while to figure this out but it's something I need to start thinking about! 

I know this is a different thread but just a quick question here: Do the fathers have to dress like the BM and GM? 

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

This is going to be hard for me! My mom is super casual and my FI mother is very dressy and fancy. I'm glad you girls say they don't have to coordinate b/c that just won't work with them! I have a while to figure this out but it's something I need to start thinking about! 

I know this is a different thread but just a quick question here: Do the fathers have to dress like the BM and GM? 

No. Traditionally, fathers wear tuxes, but do not match the wedding party. So, the same would apply here. Just try and get the same idea as the wedding party (so, same level of casual), but not matching.

We do not know if my parents are coming or not, but FI's dad already picked up a pair of linen pants (which we are recommending to everyone, as they are much more comfortable in the July Caribbean heat than anything else, FI found), and he said he will find a suitable button down t shirt. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was crazy Hawaiian floral (a la Jimmy Buffet), but that is him, so that is fine. FI and Best Man are wearing linen pants (FI white, GM khaki) and white linen shirts. 

Hope that helps!

I'm so excited because we found my moms dress today. I didn't get a pic of her in it at the store, but it looks amazing on her!

Not sure why they're sideways?!

post-276400-0-02253900-1405305655_thumb.jpg

post-276400-0-51555100-1405305678_thumb.jpg

post-264077-140565344925_thumb.jpg

This my moms dress. It fit her perfect except for the length but that's always a problem for her. She's a shorty lol. She bought it at lord and taylor for like $50 with a coupon. Not bad.

With the ruffles it felt very appropriate for Mexico. I was happy that she was happy and loved it.

Edited by NJBride2014

This is such a cute thread. My mom loves to shop (I get the gene from her haha) and I swear, she's bought (and returned half!) 10 dresses already. She's buying dresses for our ceremony, reception, welcome parties, etc. haha. It's very cute to see how excited she is about it, and she keeps taking pictures of herself in change rooms and sending them to me! She wants to look nice as the mother of the bride :)