Photo

Battery operated candles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

Hey all :) Has anyone purchased battery operated candles for their DW table decor? Do they work? Just thinking they cannot blow out if there it lots of wind
    Thanks!!

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

We once bought them for our house, thinking the were a cute idea. Not sure what everyone else's experience was like... but ours sucked! lol. They were convincing from sort of an elevated level (we had them on a ledge higher up on the wall) but eye level and lower they look sort of odd. Also, they didn't last very long. One even "ran out" before the end of the day!! Maybe we just got a bad batch though.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

We are using them but we had to buy frosted holders so you couldn't see the candle. It does cast a nice light but I agree that if you get the tea light size you can see the "flame". The box says that they last for about 7 hours. That is actually a long time for something with that small of a battery. My FMIL owns some batteries plus stores so we got them from her for cheap. We aren't allowed to have candles at our site so that is why we got them.

#4 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
        • 812 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

I was thinking about buying the waterproof ones to put inside of my centerpieces. I looked all over but couldn't find them in any stores, and I am nervous about buying them online bc then I can't test the "quality"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users