I'm sick of dress shopping!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

So I am just tired of it now...I don't know if I'm just too picky or what...but I have 2 that I really like, one is a St. Patrick Desiree?? That's what the place told me but I can't find this thing online anywhere!

The other I found first at the store that wouldn't let me take pics and cheaper there and then at the other place and they told me it was an Exclusive 2018...again, can't find that online anywhere...

I like the St. Patrick because it's simple and very, very light weight! BUT it's more than I want to spend...I love the front of the "exclusive" one...but the back is a little poofy and weird to me...I wish it was just straight and plain in the back and I would have bought it!!!!

here are some pics...I know this is like my third post on this topic...so if you don't feel like giving me anymore advice...I totally get it!!! :)

"Exclusive"
    Front
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Back (too tight so doesn't zip all the way..)

St. Patrick
    Front (It looks better in person and it's too big...so it would lookbetter when it's fitted properly)
    Back

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

I guess I could give you advice but none of us can tell you what dress to get. I think you look beautiful in both the photos you have posted. Maybe re-think what you are looking for in a dress if you are not happy.

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

Both of those are what i am looking for for the most part...I just can't find the perfect blend....the material and the way they fit are great...if I could find the first one with a back as simple as the 2nd...then i would have found my dress!

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

I can try to help. So you like the pretty beading, sweet heart neckline, swooshing wasit line but you want the simple beading back. Let me know and I will start digging.

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Aw Thanks!! I like sweetheat or just strait across strapless...yes, I like the swooshing waist and I like beading but not overkill...and would prefer if the back is just plain material and straight...not gathered.

#6 coreyphil

coreyphil
            • 497 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

First - you look beautiful in both. They are both really flattering on you ... simple, but elegant! (which is harder to find than you would think!!!) I think that St. Patrick and Pronovias are the same company ... so I completely understand about the material - that is what I loved about my dress. It was the only one I could think of wearing all night! :) I didn't think that #1 looked "poofy" - in fact I thought the way that it "v's" in the back is really pretty! I was also going to see if you've checked the St. Patrick website for any trunk shows in your area. I bought mine during the Pronovia's trunk show and it was 20% off ...
              Also - if we can track down the exact style for the St. Patrick - you could check for an ebay retailer that sells that dress ... My best friend bought hers that way and saved about $500.
              When are you needing to purchase it by?

#7 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
              • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

I love the first dress that you posted in this thread (the "exlusive" dress)! I think that it is very flattering and suits you. I don't think that the back is too busy, the extra detailing will look nice in your photos.

#8 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                • 1,798 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns BR1009 Side-Drape Embroidered Dress

I have not had much luck finding dresses with that combo. Let me know if you would like me to keep looking. Trust your heart when looking.

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

they are both really pretty, but didnt you try the Maggie Sottero dress?? Its very similar to the St. Patrick and more affordable.

#10 michelle08

michelle08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by coreyphil
                      First - you look beautiful in both. They are both really flattering on you ... simple, but elegant! (which is harder to find than you would think!!!) I think that St. Patrick and Pronovias are the same company ... so I completely understand about the material - that is what I loved about my dress. It was the only one I could think of wearing all night! :) I didn't think that #1 looked "poofy" - in fact I thought the way that it "v's" in the back is really pretty! I was also going to see if you've checked the St. Patrick website for any trunk shows in your area. I bought mine during the Pronovia's trunk show and it was 20% off ...
                      Also - if we can track down the exact style for the St. Patrick - you could check for an ebay retailer that sells that dress ... My best friend bought hers that way and saved about $500.
                      When are you needing to purchase it by?
                      Thank you...I did read somewhere that the pronovia and the st. patrick are the same designer and also called san patrick...i have googled everything I could think of...and not luck....

I guess I should purchase soon...my wedding is in 6 months!!!! It's creeping up on me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users