Sign in to follow this  
NABUMBAH

How long have you and your husband / fiance been together?

Aaron and I met in October of 2002, but I was actually living with my ex at the time. We started dating in July of 2003 after I finally kicked my loser ex out. So by the time of our wedding it will be 3.5 wonderful years together!

Paul and I met in 2001 at work when I was still married, but in the process of seperating. We were friends for a couple years before dating in 2003, so we've been dating for a little over 3 years. It will be almost 4 years dating when we marrry in June 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
I was at a wedding last night and people were asking me how long I've been dating C. They were totally SHOCKED to hear that we first started dating around 9 years ago. We took several "breaks" but have been consistent for the past 3-4 years....

Time flies!!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has taken "breaks"! We first started dating over 15 years ago, but have been back together for almost 4 years (it will be 4 years New Year's Eve).

If someone asks, I will say 4 years, not 15 years. To explain it any other way is way too complicated, and in general if it is someone I know well enough that I want them to know the full history, they already know it. And I don't want to deal with that reaction you got!

BTW, he is officially "FI" as of Saturday. My mom arrives this evening (coming to visit for T-day), and we haven't told here yet. I'm sure she'll be thrilled - sometimes I think she likes him better than me! LOL!

Congrat's Carol. BTW where are you in Michigan? I live in the Novi/wolverine Lake area. I was engaged before I actually got my ring so I know how it was planning a wedding before we told anyone. lol..

BTW Cain and I are getting married on our anniversary (June 5) and at that time it will be 3 years.

We've been together a little over 10 years- it will be 11 by the wedding. We met the first weekend of college. I was 17, he was 19. There have been breaks in there but I guess that's what happens when you grow up together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolj View Post
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has taken "breaks"! We first started dating over 15 years ago, but have been back together for almost 4 years (it will be 4 years New Year's Eve).

If someone asks, I will say 4 years, not 15 years. To explain it any other way is way too complicated, and in general if it is someone I know well enough that I want them to know the full history, they already know it. And I don't want to deal with that reaction you got!

BTW, he is officially "FI" as of Saturday. My mom arrives this evening (coming to visit for T-day), and we haven't told here yet. I'm sure she'll be thrilled - sometimes I think she likes him better than me! LOL!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Congrat's Carol. BTW where are you in Michigan? I live in the Novi/wolverine Lake area. I was engaged before I actually got my ring so I know how it was planning a wedding before we told anyone. lol..
Hey, we're pretty close! I live in Waterford, and FI lives in South Lyon.