Photo

Riu Ocho Rios Rooms

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 ccunningham

ccunningham
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Does anyone know if any of the standards rooms have two separate beds that aren't pushed up next to each other? My sister and brother are sharing a room as well as my FI's mother and her son. That would be weird for them to have to sleep right next to each other!

#12 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ccunningham
      Does anyone know if any of the standards rooms have two separate beds that aren't pushed up next to each other? My sister and brother are sharing a room as well as my FI's mother and her son. That would be weird for them to have to sleep right next to each other!
      yep , they have 2 separate beds
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#13 ~Debra~

~Debra~
      • 500 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Agape Gems
        I can't remember how much we paid per nite for the junior suite, but the day after the wedding we got a free upgrade so I was glad we didn't pay for a suite.

Your lucky! Since we're getting married offsite we have to pay for the Jacuzzi suite if we want it.

#14 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

We got the Jr Suite. We are going May 6 - May 12. I believe it was $1,800~ish for the six nights. To upgrade to a full suite it was $1,000 more. This is per couple. Not per person.

#15 TMclean

TMclean
          • 65 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

We booked a Jr. Suite at Tropical Bay, it is costing us around $2500 per person. However that includes our flights too.

http://tickers.Ticke....734e/event.png
            copy & paste the [img] code right there

#16 inachka4ever

inachka4ever
            • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

Very nice pictures, thank you. Makes the decision making a lot easier. By the way, what about the view, is there any differences in that, such as a room with the ocean view, or with something else? How do you request it?

If anyone knows, please share....

#17 ~Debra~

~Debra~
              • 500 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by inachka4ever
                Very nice pictures, thank you. Makes the decision making a lot easier. By the way, what about the view, is there any differences in that, such as a room with the ocean view, or with something else? How do you request it?

If anyone knows, please share....
                That's a good question! I was wondering about that also because my TA said all our guests rooms are oceanview rooms so I went on the website to see the description of the oceanview rooms but it didn't exist. Are there standard rooms that are oceanview and some that are not? I would love to be able to tell my guests what kind of rooms they will be in. I asked my TA but she hasn't got back to me yet. I asked her if my guests would be able to eat in the specialty restaurant and she said only guests in deluxe category rooms would. I assumed she is saying my guests don't qualify.

Thanks everyone who gave me the prices of their junior suites. I don't consider myself cheap but I'm having a hard time swallowing those prices. LOL I budgeted 2500 for us for 7 nights, airfare included. Hopefully my TA can make that happen.

#18 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

I believe they categorize the regular (standard) rooms by "partial ocean view" and "ocean front"...not sure about the suites though. I would think they are all ocean view since the building is horse-shoe shaped?

#19 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                  • 500 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Oh ok thanks!

#20 gemma555

gemma555
                    • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:12 AM

we are sharing our room with my 2 daughters, one isgoing to be nearly 2 in a cot, the other is 3 whilst there so do they have a bed for a 3rd person or is it a sofa bed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users