Hi African Venus! 

Congrats on your wedding this summer!  I, too, fell in love with GV Riviera Nayarit - in particular the 3 squares!  I am just starting my research on resorts, if you have any information about this resort would you mind forwarding to me?  I'm really hoping this one works out, just depends on price....we're anticipating having 100 guests join us.  I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm so thankful I did!!!  My email is taramorgan2@gmail.com

Thank you in advance for your time!!

~Tara

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies!

Mandi-  About the packages at the GV RM, I guess it depends on how many guests you're having. We anticipated about 80 (but as we get closer it seems more like 60), so our package is a la carte, meaning nothing is included. The WC at the resort are very nice, but of course, they have to stick to the resort's policy and rules...  

I actually just back from the GV last night. We went to meet the coordinator, try the foods, and select a venue for our cocktail reception. I was floored by the food tasting, SIMPLY AMAZING!  The service is phenomenal too, they make you feel like royalty :)

We decided to have our cocktail reception by the pool... it was a difficult decision because the resort has so many beautiful options.

About vendors, we hired a separate photographer and DJ. Cost wise, it is the smart thing to do. The resort is charging us 10% of our total cost with our vendor, but it's still much cheaper than using the resort's photographer and DJ, plus all the equipment rental.

In all honesty, I'm really happy we chose this Resort :)

I hope you find this helpful!

Originally Posted by TLMC View Post

Hi African Venus! 

Congrats on your wedding this summer!  I, too, fell in love with GV Riviera Nayarit - in particular the 3 squares!  I am just starting my research on resorts, if you have any information about this resort would you mind forwarding to me?  I'm really hoping this one works out, just depends on price....we're anticipating having 100 guests join us.  I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm so thankful I did!!!  My email is taramorgan2@gmail.com

Thank you in advance for your time!!

~Tara

Welcome Tara! Congrats!

I am in the process of finalizing my contract with them. Black Venus has been a tremendous help. She is an Angel sent from above. Word of advice is that the less people you have, the better it will be for you. I wanted to have a 100 guests as well, but decided to change it to 50; which is still a lot, but I am hoping the list will go down by the wedding comes around. If not, I will be able to afford the 50 guests.  Until you get what you want, don't stop negotiating with them. :)

Nia

Aww, thanks for the kind words. It is my absolute pleasure to help B2Bs! GVV NV is such a little known spot, so that when brides are interested, they have no one to turn to b/c the PV forum is mostly Dreams or Las Caletas. I agree with Dellnia, you have to know where you're lines are budget-wise and be realistic about the venue. It's a 5-star spot, so they charge accordingly. Most of us want to do Mexico b/c it's cheaper, but you could end up spending the same as if in the U.S. if you're not careful. If you want a huge wedding, then GVV will be expensive. If you're ok with the nearest and dearest, then it's definitely achievable. Just have to know what you want and keep working with them. I implore you all to try and talk to Karla Aguillon-Monge. She is the absolute best! Professional and uber-sweet.

Hi Nia & Shari-Ann!

Thank you so much for your advice!  I'm starting to realize that maybe a large group isn't the best idea.  I think the only way GVV NV will happen is if we cut down the list.  And I'm figuring out that although a lot of our friends/family say they want to come....they might not be able to when its time (I understand life happens, a lot of people have kids, houses, etc).  Wow, I always dreamed of a destination wedding but I didn't realize how picky I would be when it came to picking the resort!  Aaaahhh, I'm learning a lot about myself through this process.  We're planning on a 2012 wedding so I know I still have plenty of time, but I at least want to have the resort figured out.  Are you guys planning on having a cocktail hour and a sit-down dinner reception?  I'm so thankful for this website!  I don't know what I would do without it :)

~Tara

That's what I've told Nia: You guys have plenty of time, but I do understand the need to at least lock the venue down. As for me, I am doing a "mocktail" hour and a sit-down 4 course dinner. I have to do a dinner b/c I'm having less than 50 ppl. I customized my menu, so I'm paying a bit more. Food came w/ my package as long as it was what they offered for sit-down dinners. So, to offset that cost, I got something else for "free". I figure, if I'm going to be paying for certain items anyway as part of my package, it's only fair that if I'm not using those items that I replace it with something else I need. That was sort of my approach to negotiating w/ GVV.

I am speaking from the heart Shari-Ann. It's the truth. If it were not for you, I probably would cancel out GVN even though that is the place I envisioned having my dream wedding and move on to another resort. Everyone must know that YOU are simply the BEST! prayer1.gif

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus View Post

Aww, thanks for the kind words. It is my absolute pleasure to help B2Bs! GVV NV is such a little known spot, so that when brides are interested, they have no one to turn to b/c the PV forum is mostly Dreams or Las Caletas. I agree with Dellnia, you have to know where you're lines are budget-wise and be realistic about the venue. It's a 5-star spot, so they charge accordingly. Most of us want to do Mexico b/c it's cheaper, but you could end up spending the same as if in the U.S. if you're not careful. If you want a huge wedding, then GVV will be expensive. If you're ok with the nearest and dearest, then it's definitely achievable. Just have to know what you want and keep working with them. I implore you all to try and talk to Karla Aguillon-Monge. She is the absolute best! Professional and uber-sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to a wedding that took place at Nuevo Vallarta's Grand Velas (they're hard to come by): http://www.movingimagesproductions.com/Album2/index.html. Also, their FB page has some examples as well as a Flickr Account found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8209088@N07/sets/72157625158874510/

Another Flickr profile has a few shots of GVV NV: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickluciosoares/with/5435002606/