Jump to content


Travel Agent Issues

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 cantwaittobemrs

  • Newbie
  • 148 posts

    Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

    That is a good idea. I think that might be the only way to get people going on it. Thanks for the help!

    #22 Cherie

    • Newbie
    • 83 posts

      Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

      I'm not exactly sure of a date. Maybe talk to your TA and see what they recommend. One thing we wrote on our reservations was a disclaimer to make sure everyone booked as soon as possible, as available seats were limited (which they were for those flying out of the west). If they took their time and booked too late, then someone else would get their seat.
      It's not only members of your wedding booking, they have to be aware other individuals are booking to go to Jamaica also. If the seats are full, then there's nothing the TA can do, or the price may go up for another flight. That really worked for us in getting people to book quickly. What we said was basically true for Canada...not sure how it would work in the States.

      #23 jnowlan

      • Newbie
      • 121 posts

        Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:23 AM

        I have found that if you want to hold a price it's normal to ask for the deposit. Most people are aware of that if they travel at all.

        #24 foxytv

        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

          Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

          We are getting married in April 2008 and began booking in May 2007 (so almost a year out). We needed to have a minimum of 10 rooms booked within a certain time frame to qualify for an early bird rate, which is what we did. Then, anyone else who booked after the fact could get that rate if it is still available or whatever the best rate is. but at time of booking, a deposit is due for each guest/room.

          I think b/c your starting the booking process much closer to your actual wedding date than we did ... is why the timeframes are much more stringent.
          But it's not unreasonable to ask for a deposit to be placereserving the room. BY next week is obviously going to be tough, unless you've already been in contact with some guests who you know plan on coming.

          For us, anyone who booked through our travel agent will have to pay their FINAL payment by January 15 (90 days prior to departure) ... so with your wedding date being exactly one month after mine ... I can understand why getting the deposits in and rooms reserved is a bit more of an issue for a TA.

          Our resort is almost at capacity (if it's not already over capacity) so we could be faced with last-minute guests being bumped to other resorts or not being able to reserve a room at our resort at all if they wait much longer.

          Hope that helps

          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users