Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble deciding on the best way to go in regards to wedding photography.

We are getting married in May 2018 at The Royalton White Sands Resort in Montego Bay, soooo EXCITED! But, we have a very tight budget to work with... 

So far, my research has led me to believe that the most affordable option is to use the photographer that the resort has...

however, im a huge fan of artsy/more candid type of photography vs the typical very posed type pictures...So, I dont want to regret my choice in the long run. Ah! Im having trouble finding the Resort's photographer's portfolio though... and really want to be able to check out previous photos/work before deciding for sure...anyone know where this can be found? Thanks!

Hi Sintili,

We're getting married at the Royalton in July 2018. The resort photography seems to be quite expensive for very little. I plan to look at outside vendors in hopes of getting more for my money. One bride on BDW mentioned many outside photographers cover the $450 vendor fee. We'll see!

Hey there!

Thanks for sharing! I'm a bit stressed/overwhelmed about the photography... Im so unsure what to do! Let me know if you have luck finding an outside vendor for a decent cost! I appreciate it!! :) & congrats, wishing you luck on your wedding planning journey!! :)

In the same boat!  I really didn't love the standard posed pictures from the resort photographer.  But I found that it was just as affordable to go with an outside photographer.  We are going w/ a photographer that covers the vendor fees from the resort.  But we're getting married in Riviera Maya so I can't help you with that.

Also, we went to the Royalton Riviera Cancun and it was beautiful - I bet your wedding resort is amazing!

Maybe start by emailing some of the photographers in Jamaica and getting quotes.  You might be pleasantly surprised - there were a few companies that were actually quite a bit cheaper than the resort.  I don't know what your resort offers but our package only included photography during the ceremony.  To have their photographer for the whole evening was 3-4k.

Hi Sintili,

We're getting married at the Royalton in July 2018. The resort photography seems to be quite expensive for very little. I plan to look at outside vendors in hopes of getting more for my money. One bride on BDW mentioned many outside photographers cover the $450 vendor fee. We'll see!

Hi SlaterWife,  did you find or decide on the photographer?  We really was leaning towards the videograher as well.

we opted to hire an outside vendor photographer as well. the resort options just didn't meet our vision. we opted for Moments that Matter - Lincoln has been WONDERFUL to work with. they have a special going right now where they are giving an additional discount if you book one of the GOLD packages. (must book by end of 2017). Below is the link to their packages. they do also include videography. We only booked a Gold package for our May 2018 wedding. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Vbu1IzJN8AcDZZTlo1UDBCa1k/view

I've been using wedding wire to request quotes for photography and videography. The prices are higher than what I was expecting (2k max budget). However, Royalton White Sands house photographer is $850 for 1.5 hrs of coverage and maybe 50 prints, which is insane. I have found one photographer for 8hrs of coverage 25 retouched/200-300 edited images etc. for $1200 and video is an add on. Due to the prices we may forgo videography and maybe do something fun, like have our guests do videos and photos that a friend can edit into a wedding video. Decisions, decisions...