#1 ariane022

ariane022
  • 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 21, 2018
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Hello!
My name is Ariane and my fiancé and I are currently planning our May 2018 wedding at the Royalton White Sands (RWS) resort in Jamaica.
We actually got engaged at the Bahia Principe resort in Runaway Bay back in 2012 when we were still university students, so Jamaica as our destination location has special significance to us. We are so excited!! We've reserved 50 spots at the RWS and have just sent out our wedding invites this week. Woohoo!!
I just found this website and can't wait to see what/how other brides are planning their destination wedding!
Any other brides tying the knot in Jamaica too?
Let share tips/tricks/ideas!!

#2 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Congratulations Ariane!! Royalton White Sands is an awesome resort and Jamaica is a great location.  :)

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#3 sintili

sintili
    • 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 18, 2018

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hey Ariane! How exciting!!!!

I'm also getting married @ The Royalton White Sands in Montego Bay in May 2018 :) :)

I am only in the beginning stages of planning... still TONS to do! I havent really decided on all the details yet, just chose the location of our ceremony. Our budget is pretty tight so we need to read through all of the options and see what works best financially. 

Maybe we can give each other advice/tips/ideas along the way... I am trying to think of ways to cut costs, so may not be using floral arrangements as center pieces, instead might be coming up with a cheaper option as long as it is lightweight and will travel well packed in our suitcases haha. 

Happy Planning!!! & Congrats!

#4 Emily0482

Emily0482
    • 1 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 24, 2018
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay Jamaica

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hi! I'm Emily and my fiancé, Robert, and I are getting married March 24, 2018 at Hyatt Ziva Montego Bay! Early stages of planning...feeling a little overwhelmed, lost, but so excited!!

#5 SlatersWife

SlatersWife
    • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hi ladies!

I am in the beginning stages of planning our July 2018 Jamaica wedding. So far, I've gotten prices/packages for Iberostar and Royalton White Sands in Montego Bay. I like Iberostar a lot better because it seems to offer more in its all-inclusive. I am looking for lots of activities, entertainment, and non-motorized water sports. lol  I'm considering Ocho Rios, too. I really want an awesome beach and some of the reviews for Montego Bay mention rocky beaches :(. Also, it must be kid friendly for our little one and Riu Ocho Rios has a kids club/camp. What other resorts have you all looked into?

#6 rim1012

rim1012
      • Site Supporter
      • 3 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 8, 2018
      • Wedding Location:Jamaica
      • LocationChicago

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hi ladies!!

I am just beginning my planning as well for our April 2018 wedding in Jamaica. So far, I've looked at Iberostar, Secrets Wild Orchard, Moon Palace and Half Moon. Our top two our Iberostar and Secrets. I'm so torn between the two. I looking for similar items, all inclusive with alot of activities and a great beach.  I originally looked at resorts in Negril because they are known for their great beaches, but it seems like it has more of a relax vibe and we were hoping to have a good mix of relax and partying. 

#7 DnD

DnD
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 20, 2018
      • Wedding Location:IBEROSTAR SUITES HOTEL

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hi Ladies,

WE are finally booked in the Iberostar Suites Hotel after much much research and comparisons.

Definitely wasn't easy based on the many options.  Still shopping for decorators since the flowershops that are offered by the hotel is super expensive! Vidography and photographer still looking in that.  So excited!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2018 Brides, Beach Weddings, Jamaica, BDW Newbies, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users