Officially A Grand Bahia Principe 2017 Bride!

It is OFFICIAL!!!!! We booked the Grand Bahia Principe for Dec 07th 2017 Wedding in Jamaica for 2pm at the Gazebo. :lol:

We were torn back and forth deciding a resort, finalizing our decisions and dates....dealing with family and everrrryttthing else, BUT it is finally over!

I am soo relieved that we can finally relax, we have our date and now we can send out our invites! (I made them and ordered them on-line today. TOO CUTE!)

I can't believe it's all coming together...FINALLY! 

ANY OTHER GBP 2017 BRIDES OUT THERE?! 

Share your dates & planning!!

Let the countdown begin!

258 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :D  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

My date is October 23, 2017 at GBP Tulum!!! So excited, 6 months doesn't seem like long enough to do everything we need to do. I can totally relate to "dealing with family" lol

I'm working on my OOT gifts and bridal party gifts now. 

Glad to meet another 2017 bride :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to meet you @@bridechris! Congratulations! Sorry for the late post I haven't been on.

Family has been extremely difficult, even more so since the last post...drama I could never even imagine but it seems to have settled down to a minum curently (thank goodness!). Some people will never change lol

Where is the Tulum?

The planning is so exciting, my entire bridal party backed out ( even though they said they would be there prior to booking)....so my planning has taken a back burner:( I really want to do totes and gifts, shirts etc but it's hard when I still don't know my numbers.

What are you doing for your totes and gifts :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • VIP Member

The Bahia property is great! I got married at the Akumal one and it was amazing! But when family and friends add drama that's a huge bummer. I'm sorry this special time has been put on the back burner. Are you thinking of eloping now or will family still attend, even without the bridal party?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is OFFICIAL!!!!! We booked the Grand Bahia Principe for Dec 07th 2017 Wedding in Jamaica for 2pm at the Gazebo. :lol:

We were torn back and forth deciding a resort, finalizing our decisions and dates....dealing with family and everrrryttthing else, BUT it is finally over!

I am soo relieved that we can finally relax, we have our date and now we can send out our invites! (I made them and ordered them on-line today. TOO CUTE!)

I can't believe it's all coming together...FINALLY! 

ANY OTHER GBP 2017 BRIDES OUT THERE?! 

Share your dates & planning!!

Let the countdown begin!

258 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :D  ;)

You picked a beautiful place to get married. The photos from the gazebo and the beach area are gorgeous. The resort is wonderful. A lot has changed since we got married in 2011 but they still know what they're doing and will make the day super special!

Good luck and happy planning!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Bahia property is great! I got married at the Akumal one and it was amazing! But when family and friends add drama that's a huge bummer. I'm sorry this special time has been put on the back burner. Are you thinking of eloping now or will family still attend, even without the bridal party?

Thank you & I'm glad you had a great wedding there, it is exciting!!

The family drama has settled down a bit, I think now they are starting to get excited for their vacation and accepting our choice  :D

Some of the family members who said they were absolutely not going now have booked and now we have 32 people coming with us in total so things are slowly coming around and now we can start the planning process. So we will have friends & family attending, some entire families aren't even attending but my fiance and I have accepted this & all that is expected with a destination wedding and we are just excited to go away and get married! :wub:

You picked a beautiful place to get married. The photos from the gazebo and the beach area are gorgeous. The resort is wonderful. A lot has changed since we got married in 2011 but they still know what they're doing and will make the day super special!

Good luck and happy planning!

Thank you!! It's exciting to meet other past Bahia brides that had a great time  :) The planning is just beginning , the girls picked their bridesmaids dresses and we ordered them in so that is quite exciting things are starting to get real. We have to figure out the boys attire, I have a couple ideas in mind. it is exciting to finally feel like a bride and get to start the planning