Kick Backs For Bride And Groom

I am booking a wedding at Azul Fives for May 2018. Wondering what other brides/grooms have received as an incentive for bringing a large group to their hotel or does the travel agency vary? We don't have a confirmed # yet but we are thinking there will be approx 75-80 ppl. I am only being offered from my travel agency every 21st guest stay free up to 3 people. I don't feel that is very fair, but not sure what anyone else has recieved or is this what most other groups are recieving?

Thanks!

I am booking a wedding at Azul Fives for May 2018. Wondering what other brides/grooms have received as an incentive for bringing a large group to their hotel or does the travel agency vary? We don't have a confirmed # yet but we are thinking there will be approx 75-80 ppl. I am only being offered from my travel agency every 21st guest stay free up to 3 people. I don't feel that is very fair, but not sure what anyone else has recieved or is this what most other groups are recieving?

Thanks!

Hi there. Where are you from? Canadian and US brides have very different promotions. As a Canadian getting married at the Azul Sensatori, I received very little from the resort itself. Even had to pay for the "free" basic package. Their argument is that we see the savings in the packages offered by our tour operators (Sunwing, Transat, etc.). Apparently, our combined flight/hotel/transfers savings are substantial so we lose the right to free cocktail parties, etc.

I would highly recommend that you find a GI Certified Travel Agent as they seem to have access to additional promotions. I had my travel agent chosen before deciding on a resort so I didn't have that advantage. She's been fabulous though so I'm not too concerned on what I might have missed out on. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We're having our destination wedding at Azul Fives in December 2017.  Justin at Beach Bum Travel Agency got me some really good deals, including waiving the fee for the sky deck, a discount on the food, and a bunch more things that were just awesome and got a great deal on the rates.  Feel free to shoot me a message if you want more details or justin's contact info.  We're expecting between 90 and 120 people.

• 4 months later...

We are May 2018 at Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya. Our travel agent and our contract outlined the perks and they are pretty standard. Karisma has gone to a "Credit" based comps for the bride & groom. so everything is a credit back to you, after the event. So you'll pay 100% for your room, and then get a check/credit to your card - probably 4-6 weeks after. 

Check our the promo predicator - enter your dates, # of double rooms you plan to have booked, wedding date and resort and BAM! estimated comps will be listed. keep in mind, only double rooms count towards the wedding comps - any single rooms that are booked aren't counted. 

http://www.memorablemomentsweddings.com/Memorable-Moments-Weddings-Wedding-Credit.cfm?agencyID=0&wedCred=9&country=USA

Keep in mind - different promos for US vs. Canada and even different promos for weekday weddings vs. Saturday weddings. 

Your contract from the hotel / travel agent should outline exactly what you're getting...We are getting 1 free room for every 6 paid rooms (7th room free). But "rooms" = nights in this case, so right now we have 35 nights booked (8 rooms) - so we're estimated 5 or 6 nights free, right now. The free nights do not include taxes or fees and are the lowest room rate possible. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...