Photo

Site visits and resort stay choices - HELP

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 lyrebard

lyrebard
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

We actually stayed at some of the more off-beat places. A couple spots in Akumal, one in Playa, one in Tulum. But we also weren't looking for all-inclusives (too pricey for many of our friends, and we don't tend to drink enough to justify the price!), so my particular experience may not be as applicable. Of course, if you decide "on some little place in Tulum," I would HIGHLY recommend you check out Ana y Jose. We fell in love with it, and if our wedding was just a bit smaller and our guests had just a bit more disposable income (and fewer children, as the beach there is rather rough), we would have booked with them without a second thought.

I also was looking into Isla Mujeres, but that would have meant an even crazier tour of the area in the same limited time frame.

Feel free to PM me if there's anything you think I can help with!
    -L

#12 nylalany

nylalany
    • 625 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

Thanks - I PM'd you re: AI and non-AI resorts etc.

#13 calyx6

calyx6
      • 160 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

Are you doing this site visit this winter? If your flight arrives mid-afternoon, I'm not sure how many daylight hours will be left for the hotels on day 1.

-V-
        Tulum - November 3, 2007

#14 nylalany

nylalany
        • 625 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

I'm flying there on Sunday.
          Day 1 - Turns out nobody works on Sundays, so I'm just going straight to our first hotel, Paradisus Riviera Cancun.
          Day 2 - Have a meeting with the WC at PRC in the morning, then a mtg at Azul Beach at 1 with the sales manager, since the WC has an appointment already, then I may stop by Petit Lafitte for a quick peek on our way down to Grand Sirenis, where we are staying the 2nd night. No mtg here I guess, as the WC is busy and is taking forever to get back to me
          Day 3 -If time, visiting Palladium and/or Hotel Akumal Caribe, then a tasting at Al Cielo at 1. Then on to Tulum to meet the WC for Ana y Jose beach club. Probably staying at Ana y Jose or nearby, and looking at hotels/cabanas in walking distance. Otherwise, return to Hotel Akumal Caribe or Petite Lafitte, depending on my earlier impressions. Playing by ear.
          Day 4 - Leisurely return to CUN, if time, stop by anywhere I've missed.
          I'll hopefully be able to share photos and answer questions upon my return - and I'll hopefully have a wedding venue and date confirmed by then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users