Sign in to follow this  
SheaS

am I out of my mind?

I think it's too expensive. I think you can get something that will look just as good from flowerclip & add the pearls. I know you just get married once, but I think it's important to avoid going overboard. There are still things to pay for after the wedding. I occasionally get tempted by something for the wedding when I've been searching a lot and can't find anything I like. Then I'll come across something that looks perfect but is way too much. I know I'd regret it if I splurged on it, so I don't give in. It's like those expensive starfish sandals we've all come across & then we see they are over $100. You just have to look away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaa View Post
I will be honest, I think I am insane for even considering it, but I can not find anything that is similar that I like.
If you feel this way, I really think you'll regret it. Have you thought about buying a Lily at a craft store & making your own? I made a flowerclip pretty easily. I felt like their were more choices at the craft store for flowers than on flowerclip. Just be sure to look at a place with good silk flowers. Michael's were much nicer than AC Moore. I am rethinking the flower I picked. I would also like a Lily, but I didn't like the stamins on the Lilys I saw. Is that the problem you are running in to? After seeing the flower you posted, I might try cutting the stamin of a Lily & putting on some pearls. So maybe just use this $145 one as your inspiration flower. I think you'll be really happy if you make something as pretty for less than $10 and know you saved $135.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ir-flower.html

it is very beautiful but WOW is it ever expensive!!! I guess you have to ask yourself if it is REALLY that important to you. If the anwser is yes and it is in your budget then I say go for it.

If you love it- go for it... This would be the one day/occasion you buy what you love! Normally, I would say- too expensive- but now I'm too the point of "what's another $145?" - If your heart is set on it- go for it and rock the flower!! :)

Well, I think I am going to buy it, so if anyone would be interested, I would be willing to sell it after the wedding for a small portion of the price... maybe $45.00?