Photo

Dreams Tulum Wedding Teaser Pics *PIC HEAVY*

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#71 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

my theory.. you cant EVER be too prepared when it comes to your wedding music. if you dont have an ipod just make a couple cds with the music you want played. MAKE SURE they are .wav files though and not .mp3 files because not all cd players can play .mp3's and better to be safe then sorry. cluster the music together too, have a couple dance cds and maybe a one or two slow cds. also make sure you have a nice numberd list breaking down what songs are on what cd so that the dj can find them easily.

ipods are always easy and convenient but you cant always be sure they have the right connectors to plug it into their system.

and ps. thanks for the compliments on the pics. it was most likely the gorgeous couple haha

Quote:
    Originally Posted by urbangirl5
    Hi Laura,

You're pictures are just gorgeous!! Congratulations.

What did you do for music/dancing? Did you use a DJ? If you used a DJ did you have to bring CD's or an Ipod? or did the DJ have a good selection?

Amanda

#72 athena

athena
    • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:08 AM

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had good weather too.... Congrats!
      Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
      http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
      http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#73 urbangirl5

urbangirl5
      • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by David and Laura
        Hi Amanda,

We did use the DJ and we brought an Ipod with all of our songs on it. It was a bit of a disaster to be honest. The DJ didn't have the cord to connect the Ipod to the stereo so my brother had to get one from his room. The DJ had some of his own music. He had a decent selection, but not great. At the very least, you should bring a couple CDs with the songs you really want to hear; especially first dance songs, etc.

There was an area to dance at El Patio. It's basically just an area in front of the DJ. There is plenty of room to dance. Feel free to look through all my pictures for a better idea of the setup.

Visit Collages.net Home, and fill in the following information:

Username: Laura David
        Password: 15095

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

-Laura
        Hi Laura,

Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing your pictures...they were helpful in getting a better sense of the space. I may be bugging you again w/ questions..hope you don't mind.

Amanda
        Amanda and Jay - January 19, 2008

http://tickers.Ticke....fc52/event.png

#74 trisha0612

trisha0612
        • 491 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

I finally just looked at your actual slideshow!! Beautiful pics!!!

I just got really excited about the wedding!
          Travis & Trish
          10-10-08
          Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#75 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Wow that shot of you on the beach is HOT! I was looking at Dreams, did you like them there?

#76 Steve&Kristin

Steve&Kristin
            • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

Wow, those are great pictures, it looks like you guys had a great wedding I'm really happy for you guys. We are considering Dreams Tulum for our wedding, how would you rate the whole experience and the resort? and how helpful was the wedding coordinator?

Congratulations Again :)

#77 evonut

evonut
              • 92 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by David and Laura
                I wore my dress to the TTD. Mine was a silk tafetta. The texture of the dress is a little different now, but all in all it survived the sand and saltwater fine from what I can see. I haven't taken it to be cleaned yet. My best friend's parents own a dry cleaning chain and they said the salt water prob. ruined it. I guess we will see. I went into the water with the idea that if it did ruin the dress, I was ok with it. Most people only wear their dress one day; I wore it two in a row. I figured I already got 2 x what most people get out of it. My mom had the hardest time with the pictures b/c she and my step-dad paid for the dress. If plan on saving your dress forever and keeping it in great condition, get a second dress for the shoot.
                Ooh, I love this picture!--very flirty and sexy. I had a TTD with Elizabeth Medina and I don't know if my dress survived...cuz I dumped it in the garbage before I changed into my reception dress later, lol. I think wedding dresses are best preserved in photos.

#78 Kriswim

Kriswim
                • 186 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Laura, I have picked the same colors! Where did you find those dresses? They are great!
                  **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
                  My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#79 David and Laura

David and Laura
                  • 177 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kriswim
                    Laura, I have picked the same colors! Where did you find those dresses? They are great!
                    Hi Shannon. Good choices, haha. :) The dresses are from the After Six line by Dessy. We bought them at a local bridal shop; I think they were around $180. Here the link to the Dessy's website.

After Six Bridesmaid Style 6275: The Dessy Group

The color was celestial blue with an ivory sash. I went with the new georgette fabric, it was light and flowy, just what I wanted. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck with everything!

#80 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hi Laura,

How did you manage to take pictures at the ruins? As you can read in the "Dreams Tulum Brides please post here" thread I tried and they didn't let me in with my dress on. Such a huge disappointment. I'm so jealous that it worked for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users