Helpp! Where Do I Start?

SSpartyof2

I have just gotten engaged and am now considering a destination wedding to either the Dominican, Mexico, Costa Rica or the Bahamas. The key factor in the decision to have a destination wedding was pricing. I imagine a typical destination wedding will be more inexpensive then a wedding at home. We anticipate 30-45 people but who knows. We're thinking early 2018 to give people lots of notice. 

I have a few questions I'd love if someone could give me any insight/opinions on;

1) Can anyone recommend a travel agent? I am located in Bowmanville, Ontario (Canada) 

2) What resorts can accommodate $2000 or less for my quests, but still be reallllyyy nice?

3) What price range am I actually looking at? I'd love to stay around the $10,000 limit.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Congrats on your engagement, SSpartyof2, and Welcome to our forum community!!!

We're based in Playa del Carmen Mexico, so partial to our magnificent Mayan Riviera! You'll see lots of great wedding venue choices in our photo albums here: Riviera Maya Wedding Story Albums

These 3 come to mind, so we'll share some magical wedding moments that matter we captured at each one - enjoy!!!

....from our Barcelo Maya Palace Delulxe Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_f83fc0a2087f49f287ef9da5704b1405~

.....or this from our Azul Fives Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_b7d467b1295d42d09d0929404d27fc45~

....and this from The Royal Wedding Story Playa del Carmen:

e89d55_397787678523462792a8bd3303cf95cb.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

Congrats on your engagement, SSpartyof2, and Welcome to our forum community!!!

We're based in Playa del Carmen Mexico, so partial to our magnificent Mayan Riviera! You'll see lots of great wedding venue choices in our photo albums here: Riviera Maya Wedding Story Albums

These 3 come to mind, so we'll share some magical wedding moments that matter we captured at each one - enjoy!!!

....from our Barcelo Maya Palace Delulxe Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_f83fc0a2087f49f287ef9da5704b1405~

.....or this from our Azul Fives Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_b7d467b1295d42d09d0929404d27fc45~

....and this from The Royal Wedding Story Playa del Carmen:

e89d55_397787678523462792a8bd3303cf95cb.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

Thank you! These resorts look great. Any idea on wedding pricing?

Hi!

Congrats on your engagement!

My advice, you can really make this wedding fit any budget, it would be best to make a list of things you are looking for, (ie: kid friendly, distance, modern rooms vs. beachy, etc). Even just having a couple things on your "must have" list (either than price). Will help you narrow down costs.

Also note, that when you are interacting with other brides on this board, if they are from the United States they do not typically have the same type of vacation packages that we do in Canada, specifically for all inclusives...so talking pricing may be difficult.

Happy planning!!!

• Like 1

Hi!

Congrats on your engagement!

My advice, you can really make this wedding fit any budget, it would be best to make a list of things you are looking for, (ie: kid friendly, distance, modern rooms vs. beachy, etc). Even just having a couple things on your "must have" list (either than price). Will help you narrow down costs.

Also note, that when you are interacting with other brides on this board, if they are from the United States they do not typically have the same type of vacation packages that we do in Canada, specifically for all inclusives...so talking pricing may be difficult.

Happy planning!!!

Very true, thanks so much for the reply!

I think a kid friendly resort is an important must have for our guests.

Another thing we like is a nice beach. I'm an avid snorkeler so it would be great if that was a highlight of wherever we choose.

Edited by SSpartyof2

Hi there!

Congratulations on your engagement!!! 

if you are looking for  beach destination wedding, Puerto Vallarta has a distinct and unsurpassable charm. Its beautiful landscapes, tropical climate and small town feel will create the perfect ambiance for your wedding and allow you and your guests to get away from everyday life and enjoy the most memorable experiences.

Since 2006, Adventure Weddings has been recognized as one of the world’s leading Destination Wedding companiesand Las Caletas is the top wedding location in México.

Contct us for more information, we will be glad to help you on this beautiful process.

http://www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com/

Wedding Ideas Guestbook Puzzle

K&T the beautiful caletas a perfect spot

L&M , LasCaletasWeddings- mexican beach wedding

Candle light at Las Caletas

K&J lasCaletas, private beach ceremony

I have just gotten engaged and am now considering a destination wedding to either the Dominican, Mexico, Costa Rica or the Bahamas. The key factor in the decision to have a destination wedding was pricing. I imagine a typical destination wedding will be more inexpensive then a wedding at home. We anticipate 30-45 people but who knows. We're thinking early 2018 to give people lots of notice. 

I have a few questions I'd love if someone could give me any insight/opinions on;

1) Can anyone recommend a travel agent? I am located in Bowmanville, Ontario (Canada) 

2) What resorts can accommodate $2000 or less for my quests, but still be reallllyyy nice?

3) What price range am I actually looking at? I'd love to stay around the $10,000 limit.

Thanks in advance!

@@SSpartyof2 Welcome!! I am also planning for a 2018 wedding! :) This site is soooo helpful you will find a lot of valuable information on here.

I am in the US so a few of my details will vary due to our locations but I will share what I have come up with so far. 

I am using Wright Travel Agency they are fantastic but also locatedin the US. If you do a little more searching on here you will find brides that are also located in Canada and the travel agents companies they have used. If I come across them I will be sure to let you know.

I am going to the Now Sapphire Resort in Cancun. Its priced well in my opinion and its a very beautiful resort. I know a few brides from Canada went to this resort with there guests paying from $1500-2000.

At this moment I am at around 15,000 for everything total. Its best to make a list of everything important to you and go from there. Now sapphire has there wedding brochures online for you to see. You get a lot for your money at that resort. 10,000 should be doable.

Edited by Johnsonspartyof2

Great advice hmsm! so much depends on what the wedding couple is looking for and have in their spending plan!

A big plus for destination weddings is the cost savings ~ plus so many other awesome benefits!!! Hope you find the answers to your planning questions, and happy research!!! ...Moments That Matter Photography team :)

e89d55_e3cc92c2f9d548789bc66c9f8641b5f3.

Edited by Moments That Matter

@@SSpartyof2 Welcome!! I am also planning for a 2018 wedding! :) This site is soooo helpful you will find a lot of valuable information on here.

I am in the US so a few of my details will vary due to our locations but I will share what I have come up with so far. 

I am using Wright Travel Agency they are fantastic but also locatedin the US. If you do a little more searching on here you will find brides that are also located in Canada and the travel agents companies they have used. If I come across them I will be sure to let you know.

I am going to the Now Sapphire Resort in Cancun. Its priced well in my opinion and its a very beautiful resort. I know a few brides from Canada went to this resort with there guests paying from $1500-2000.

At this moment I am at around 15,000 for everything total. Its best to make a list of everything important to you and go from there. Now sapphire has there wedding brochures online for you to see. You get a lot for your money at that resort. 10,000 should be doable.

Thanks for taking the time to give such a thorough reply! I've heard great things about the Now resorts.