Hi there, are there any recent barcelo brides. I need your help please!! I am getting married in June of 2017. Mint breeze package with approx 50 guest only 4 hours of reception. Do I have a choice to use one of the grills like the coral grill if available? If I do has anyone used it for their reception? Was it hot or uncomfortable? I heard there is no AC and as I mentioned I will be getting married in June and the humidity...whoooooah!! I don't mind the banquet room but do they make it look nice and decent? Also if I bring my own decoration will the wc set that up for me or do I have to?

I appreciate any advice help or recommendations!

Thanks

Edited by Hmariscal
  • Like 2

@@Hmariscal welcome to the amazing BDW community and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. June 2017 will be here before you know it and you are going to have an amazing time at Barcelo. We've had the pleasure of both working there and staying there a handful of times and it has always been an absolutely wonderful experience.

Regarding your question about the Coral Grill. If I am thinking of the correct place the grill is right on the water and you'll have a great breeze coming in through the big windows to keep you nice and cool. Its a much nicer setting then their banquet rooms. (just our opinion as photographers)

I've attached some photos from our work there for inspiration. <3

post-287055-0-41508800-1470747170_thumb.jpg This is the grill by the beach, as you can see big open windows with the sun just finished setting in the background.

post-287055-0-21366000-1470747155_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-59059500-1470747202_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-68064600-1470747186_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-91594500-1470747212_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the boards Mariscal, and Congrats on your June wedding at the Barcelo next year!!! You've come to the right place for lots of help with your planning questions, so good job :)

We've shot wedding receptions at the Barcelo on the gorgeous beach with incomparable ambiance and a cooling ocean breeze, and also in the reception room with a/c. Here's what they look like - so you can envision the backdrop they'd make for your wedding photos.....enjoy!

Taken from our Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_735d6f0e56704d78932016755506cf69.

Taken from our Barcelo Maya Colonial Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_b2c8aceaa54a46338d67d2433d0f5aab.

e89d55_0eec8342e59b4457a525b7b908e66c67.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

@@Hmariscal Congrats on choosing your wedding at Barcelo. I am fortunate enough to have planned weddings at this beautiful resort. 

We had planned for the grill with one of our weddings this past June. which we ended up moving to the bouquet room.  June was humid. and we felt it would have been too uncomfortable for guests.  

With the mint breeze you get basic set up. but you can add extra decor or bring your own and they can set it up for you.   

Happy Planning!