Photo

Cancun Resorts With Private Rooftop Terrace/balcony?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jessicaallie

Jessicaallie
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding in Cancun. We would like the ceremony to be a little more private by having it on a rooftop balcony/ terrace. We would like to have it in the hotel zone since we both fell in love with the turquoise blue water. I know the Beach palace has a private rooftop but I was wondering if there were any other resorts that have another option. TIA!

#2 AliciaW

AliciaW
    • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

We are getting married in April 2017 at the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Riviera Maya. They have a rooftop terrace you can have your ceremony and reception at. We have chosen to have a beach ceremony but we would like a private reception so we are going to have our reception on the private rooftop terrace :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

Welcome to our forum community, Jessicaallie, and Congrats on your upcoming dw in Cancun! There's lots of great info here to help answer your planning questions, as you can already see, so well done on joining us :)

Here are a few romantic Cancun reception areas we captured ~ to ramp up your creativity - Enjoy!!!

Taken from our Sandos Caracol Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_f6bcb1310a5a4ffcabe0814c21d3d5fb.

This video captured at the Beach Palace Cancun Wedding Story

.....and this from the Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_21fc7500b78e4fec81a7a9014ace1e38.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 08 August 2016 - 05:59 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
        • Insiders
        • 113 posts
          • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

@Jessicaallie Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and welcome to the BDW forums. You'll find these forums and this site to be a vital tool while planning for your dream destination wedding. I know there was already a suggestion by @AliciaW (congrats with your April 2017 wedding, btw!) regarding the private rooftop at Sandos Caracol, along the Riviera Maya strip (closer to Playa del Carmen than Cancun). We have had the pleasure of photographing at that resort several times, once even with the ceremony and the reception all private on the rooftop, which are the photo examples that follow. You'll notice there's a decorative pool on the rooftop, plenty of seating available, and you have your own private serviced bar too. 

Attached File  Tiffany_Sean_Web_025.jpg   189.42KB   12 downloads
          Attached File  Tiffany_Sean_Web_046.jpg   92.19KB   10 downloads
          Attached File  Tiffany_Sean_Web_048.jpg   113.71KB   10 downloads

Another GREAT option would be Azul Fives. Again, this is not along the hotel strip in Cancun, but in the Riviera Maya. The resort is wonderful, great staff, grounds well maintained, a pier to use for photos, and the option to have the ceremony and/or reception on the rooftop terrace, which is again completely private. The turquoise waters are still visible from the rooftop, and make for a great backdrop with the photos. I'm including a few examples from a recent wedding we photographed there that really highlight how lovely the water looks, how nice the setup with the resort is, and an evening entrance photo so you can see the other portion of the space (the stairs & elevator used to/from the rooftop). 

Attached File  Kristen_Michael_Teaser_12.jpg   82.08KB   8 downloads
          Attached File  Kristen_Michael_Teaser_21.jpg   111.62KB   10 downloads
          Attached File  Kristen_Michael_Teaser_22.jpg   74.67KB   9 downloads
          Attached File  Kristen_Michael_Teaser_08.jpg   65.96KB   8 downloads

If you have any other questions, don't be shy to ask. Happy planning! 

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
          Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
          Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
          Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
          Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

#5 CoolSmile

CoolSmile
          • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:52 AM

My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding in Cancun. We would like the ceremony to be a little more private by having it on a rooftop balcony/ terrace. We would like to have it in the hotel zone since we both fell in love with the turquoise blue water. I know the Beach palace has a private rooftop but I was wondering if there were any other resorts that have another option. TIA!

Hey :)

Me and my fiance visited Cancun and we loved it. The hotel where we stayed was incredible. I recommend it with confidence and I think it fits what you want. Here it is on google maps : 

https://www.google.c...2!4d-86.7481568

#6 tpenner

tpenner
            • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

We are getting married in April 2017 at the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Riviera Maya. They have a rooftop terrace you can have your ceremony and reception at. We have chosen to have a beach ceremony but we would like a private reception so we are going to have our reception on the private rooftop terrace :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! We are having our wedding there too in December and also chose the beach and rooftop terrace. It looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users