• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Johnsonspartyof2

Johnsonspartyof2
  • 24 posts
    • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

Hi All!

Where did you create your wedding website? I see so many options I don't know which to pick. Since we are changing our date to an early 2018 date we want to atleast get everything set in stone by the end of the year so we can send out STD's but I also want us to have a wedding site for our guests to use as a reference.

For older guests who doesn't use much technology did you find yourself sending a more detailed STD? I have a few family members who don't use the internet or anything so I am thinking about making special STD's including all of the resort information and details while others visit our site.

#ProjectDreamWedding On A Journey To Our Dream Wedding!  :) 

#2 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
    • 107 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 23, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
    • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Hi @Johnsonspartyof2,
    I used weddingwire and it was pretty simple to use. I started using the knot but I liked the different templates that wedding wire had instead.
    I did send out a more detailed save the date because of all the information that our guests need and so far no one has really asked me many questions, they have called my travel agent so i think it was helpful to have that info on there too.
    I'm doing all of my RSVPs online though so I'm not sure how that will work with my older guests, we'll see.

#3 Johnsonspartyof2

Johnsonspartyof2
    • 24 posts
      • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

@tiffanyt Okay that sounds good. Wedding wire was one of the sites I was looking into. I originally liked this one site (i cant remember the name) it gave you tons of options and you had your own app as well, but it was for about 60$ a year and I can't justify that expense when other sites like WeddingWire works perfectly fine. Are you making a Facebook group or Instagram page as well for your guests or are you stopping at the wedding website?

#4 LeanneP

LeanneP
      • 28 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 7, 2017
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

I used weddingwire too (started with theknot as well but switched) and have zero complaints. Easy to use and lots of great features like the online RSVP, seating charts and reception music requests.

I didn't do a STD because of how our booking deadlines work here in Canada but just went straight to invites with some detail (date, location, resort, RSVP deadline, etc.) but instructed guests to visit the website for details (resort info/pictures, pricing, travel agent info, etc.).

Edited by LeanneP, 06 August 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#5 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
      • 120 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
      • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

@Johnsonspartyof2 We did a wedding website will all the booking details and such. But, as it got closer to the wedding and we wanted to make announcements/updates, we created a Facebook page. It was also an opportunity for our guests to start to get to know each other. It worked out really well! For the few who were not only Facebook, we emailed or texted them the info.

event.png

#6 Johnsonspartyof2

Johnsonspartyof2
      • 24 posts
        • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

@LeanneP Sounds Good Thank You! I'll Stick To Wedding Wire.

@cruisebride2016 Thats a good idea, It would be cool for both sides of our family to interact a bit before the wedding. We weren't to big on a Facebook page but that just sold me lol

#7 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
        • 107 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 23, 2017
        • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
        • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

@Johnsonspartyof2 I'm stopping at the site. My fiancé isn't on Facebook and a lot of his family isn't on it either so we're
        Just doing the site, I think it makes the most sense for us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users