I am so glad that I found a community of brides and grooms that are planning a destination wedding just like me. I just recently got engaged to the man of my dreams and now we are ready to start planning the wedding of our dreams. We originally had plans set for a wedding here locally but as the planning continued our budget raised to close to $35,000 and I began to question if it was worth it. After several events we decided to stick with a destination wedding, and I couldn't be happier! I've spent 6 weeks researching resorts and I have made the decision on Now Sapphire Resort. From the pricing to the reviews I believe I made the best choice. We are looking at approximately 25-30 guests with a budget hopefully of 15,000. We would love to get married next year but we want to do things right and allow our guests to have enough time to pay for this vacation as well as take care of a few life situations therefore we decided to go for a 2018 wedding which is fine with me Me being a newbie and not having any experience in this I am feeling a bit overwhelmed planning this wedding. I would love to hear your stories thus far on wedding planning, etc. I also have a few questions so if anyone could assist me that would be great!
1) When planning your wedding did you use a travel planner? Is it best to have a travel planner for your guests?
2) Do you plan on visiting your resort prior to your wedding day?
3) I've done some research and found that a lot of brides brought some decorations to help with costs can anyone provide some advice on doing this?
4) What date did you book you wedding day for? We originally planned for August 18, 2018 (Our anniversary) but I have been scared off by the chances of rain and it being hurricane season.
5) What is your budget, how easy has it been to stick with it?
So excited to meet you all, and I look forward to planning with you!
Edited by Johnsonspartyof2, 04 August 2016 - 06:26 PM.