6 replies to this topic

#1 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

HEY BRIDES TO BE!

I used this forum so much for help that I wanted to contribute my review!

Wedding: 6/25/2016 at 4pm at the San Jose Gazebo

Reception: Steakhouse

Dancing: Club- La Pacha

I planned my wedding a year out and the most troubling part for a destination bride is not being able to see the venue and it tends to be a slow-paced communication with the RIU wedding coordinator, especially if you are asking questions far out. 

Wedding Coordinator: My wedding coordinator was Lupita(Guadelupe). She was slow to respond initially, however, as the wedding neared and was about 2 months away, she was very responsive. She responded almost immediately or at least within a day. We met with Guadelupe on Wednesday and our wedding was on Saturday. This meeting was to make payment, go over details, give any decorations, and make any last minute changes. We had a BIG change to make unfortunately. We had to make changes to our reception due to money being stolen out of our room in Mexico City on an overnight layover-ALOT OF MONEY! Lupita was very understanding and helped us make changes to fit our newfound budget. She looks at all the decorations and writes down where you want everything. She will also show you the location at this time if you would like to see it. I had purple and turquoise chair sashes and linen napkins for dinner and she liked them so much she had the hotel buy them from me. So if you are an upcoming bride, they now have 2 new colors of chair sashes and napkins for your use. :-) Overall, Lupita was absolutely amazing. On our wedding day she delivered my flowers to my room at around 12 or 1. Then she came back and got the bridesmaids at 3:30. The rest of my guests were told to be seated at 3:30 as well. She also had previously directed my groom and groomsmen where to meet. She later came and got me and my dad from my room about 15 mins before 4. I stayed in room 3030, which was on the complete opposite side of the resort. So it was quite a walk. We arrived right on time as the bridesman/groomsmen were completing their walk. They have this timed to a science. It was perfect. The music was played perfect for the ceremony. Everything was seamless. 

Flowers: You are given a checklist for flowers when your wedding coordinator reaches out to you. Luckily, thanks to this website, I had all the checklists ahead of time so I could look over and get an idea for what I wanted. The flower info is below. Alina was amazing. She reached out to me about a month or so before the wedding to finalize the bouquet etc. I sent her 3 pictures of the bouquet I desired. I wanted a cascading bouquet. She sent me back 2 options:one that was included in my package and one that was not. I picked the one included, because it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for and it helped that it was included. My flowers were delivered on time and they were fresh and perfect. Everyone loved them. I LOVED my flowers. They were so perfect that people could not believe they were real! This is the flower company the RIU uses and I do not think you could use anyone else, but I wouldn't have wanted to. They were amazing! Her info is below.

Of:(624) 143 40 88 

(624) 143 20 31 

Cel: 624 164 62 96

Nextel:  20409 61  ID:32*15*24295

USA/Vonage #:  (281) 712-1942

Carranza esq. Fco. Villa s/n col. Centro

Los Cabos Baja California Sur Mèxico

www.bajaflower.com

Alina Gomez

Minister/Officiant: The officiant was Reverend Marco Arechiga. He emailed me about a month away and gave me different options for how I would like my ceremony to go. He gave the option for religious, non-religious, romantic, humor allowed, etc. He was on time and had an amazing personality. He had some humor and  he kept it short and sweet. It was almost 100 degrees, the hottest day during our whole stay the day we got married, so we appreciated the ceremony being short and sweet and I am sure my guests did as well. He is highly recommended. I attached his info below. 

Rev. Marco Arechiga 
Wedding Minister
m:    gmail.com'>marco.arechiga@gmail.com

Facebook  ~  Twitter  ~  Vimeo

Resort: Resort was amazing. It exceeded all expectations. 

Rooms: I stayed in room 3030 the Jacuzzi Oceanview suite. We had a double balcony with a jacuzzi up a set of spiral staircase on the roof. It has to be the BEST ROOM IN THE RESORT! The view is insane, the room is huge and it was perfect for my bridesmaids to get ready in our room. 

All of my guests loved their rooms as well. Not one of my 50 guests had a complaint. 

Checkin- They set up a private checkin for my 50 guests. Everything went smooth and they set us up all on one side of the resort. Not right next door but in the general vicinity. 

Food: My biggest fear was bad food. This was not the case. The food was not just ok it was good! Lobster, steak, great buffet. It was all I could ask for. Drinks were sometimes watered down. But not all the time. 

The resort was more than I could ask for. Beautiful grounds, the staff cleaned around the clock, the food was great, my guests had a ball! This was way better spending the money for a week than just  a few hours for 1 day with a traditional wedding. We got the wedding of our dreams, our guests got to share that and got a vacation, it was like an awesome fam reunion, and our families got to spend time together. It was awesome!

More pics

Attached Files

#2 thecoolestsarah

thecoolestsarah
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 18, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

Thank you so much for sharing all of this! Who was your photographer? Your pics are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

#3 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
  • Insiders
  • 113 posts
    • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:06 AM

@CaboBride6252016 congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you so much for sharing such wonderful information.

Your photos look absolutely beautiful!!!! <3 I especially love the ones during your newlywed photo session inside with the yellow walls and marble floors. Incredible!

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
    Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
    Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
    Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
    Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

#4 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
    • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

@thecoolestsarah omg...I wrote a section about the photographer but somehow it must have gotten erased.

Photographer was Gilda Badillo. She was insanely amazing. Her and her assistant were warm, friendly, caring, funny, attentive, and professional. They put together a plan from beginning to end the day before as to how the photo order would go. They even went over family dynamics like divorced parents etc to avoid potential conflict. They covered all basis!! These are just from my highlight reel which I got 2 weeks from the wedding..I'm dying to see the rest which I should get soon... thankso so much!!! It was a dream
    @JasminMattPhoto thank you!! Yes that is one of my faves!!

#5 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

@CaboBride6252016  Congrats on being a Mexico Mrs! Your photos are stunning, and thanks for posting a review of your wedding. They're always useful for future brides as they go through the planning.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 mrsjohnson2017

mrsjohnson2017
    • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hello

Thank you so much for this l was just wondering who did you makeup and hair for the wedding?  

#7 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
      • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

@mrsjohnson2017 I had a friend come who was a hairdresser. She is not a makeup artist, but she is good with makeup. She did both for me. I lucked up :-)

@acw271011 Thank you so much!!! I sure used the heck out of this forum, only right I contribute!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cabo, Mexico, Ceremony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users