Grand Sunset Princess Wedding Questions

MichelleOKeefe

Hi everyone!

I currently have the Grand Sunset Princess booked for 2017 and I'm just looking for suggestions/ recommendations. The ceremony is going to be in the ocean gazebo and ideally I'd like to have a private beach dinner and reception depending on price. If anyone has pictures to share that would also be amazing! Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hola @@MichelleOKeefe Welcome to the amazing Best Destination Wedding community!!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. 2017 may seem far off right now but before you know it you'll be packing your bags for the beautiful sand and sun of the Mayan Riviera.

We were JUST at Grand Sunset Princess photographing a wedding. John & Anthony had their ceremony at the beach gazebo and their reception at the Cool Bar on the beach. It was an amazing time. Their wedding planner was Lizeth and she did a wonderful job.

If you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask. Either here or via email at info@.com

Attached are some photos from their big day for inspiration.

post-287055-0-23306500-1468344578_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-54138300-1468344639_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-26770900-1468344707_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-64273700-1468344784_thumb.jpgpost-287055-0-61540800-1468344757_thumb.jpg

post-287055-0-96145600-1468344529_thumb.jpg

post-287055-0-27419800-1468344736_thumb.jpg

post-287055-0-03060800-1468344800_thumb.jpg

post-287055-0-65226100-1468344810_thumb.jpg

Edited by JasminMattPhoto

Welcome to our forum community, Michelle and Congrats on your Grand Sunset Princess wedding next year!

The Grand Sunset Princess is a beautiful wedding venue choice as you can see in these magical wedding moments that matter we've captured there .....enjoy! Taken from our Grand Sunset Princess Wedding Albums:

e89d55_750af7299e874f2da6cd7188b5dcaede.

e89d55_c2f3bc219fcc4eabb652c255fb2af742.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

Congrats on booking your wedding at GSP!  Although I'm not actually booked with GSP, I am booked at the adults only side(Platinum Yucatan Princess) as well as I have been to GSP for a wedding.  The wedding packages offered are also the same.  The photos of the reception that @@JasminMattPhoto posted are at the private beach bar and cost is $100USD/person with a minimum of 40ppl.  Even if you don't have 40 guests, you still have to pay for 40.

The wedding I went to, they did a semi-private dinner and I didn't even notice if there were other people from the hotel there.

• Like 1

Thank you for the info @@OttawaBride2017. When you say private beach do you mean the dinner and dance were private and on the beach away from other guests? Right now we have 60+ guests booked so we may be looking into that option bc I numbers may be to high to even have a dinner in a restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@MichelleOKeefe I think because you have 60+ guests booked, you don't even have the option of a free semi-private dinner anyway.  

I meant "private beach bar".  The bar is on the beach where other hotel guests can't crash the dinner and party. If you look at this map: http://www.resortsmaps.com/maps/map-PrincessResort-RivieraMaya.jpg it is located at the very bottom right (#20).  I have also seen a private indoor reception that was setup at the Grand Riviera Princess.

@MichelleOKeefe 

With guests totaling 60+, the private "Chill Lounge & Bar" that we posted photos from is a great way for your guests to enjoy delicious food, be near the water/sand, have a private dance floor with lights and dj, and a private bar with staff for your guests only. 

We had also photographed a wedding at Grand Sunset Princess earlier this year, and due to weather (rain), both the ceremony and reception were moved to covered/interior spaces. I'm including a few photos from the reception portion, as it was also completely private, in a room where the buffet food was served, speeches were made, and a private dance floor (once tables were cleared) and bar with staff. The room is a bit more drab looking, than the Chill Lounge outside, but still serves as a private space for you and your guests if you so choose.

With both scenarios, the spaces were only available until 11pm (which is fairly common for private dance receptions in the Riviera Maya), at which point, some guests may choose to leave, others may opt to continue to the Disco for more dancing and fun. Either way, at that point in the night, there's not really options for anything private.

Hope this helped and let us know if there's any other questions that come to mind.

post-287055-0-19831300-1469033079_thumb.jpg
post-287055-0-28649300-1469033092_thumb.jpg
post-287055-0-11807700-1469033065_thumb.jpg